Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Anybody have an NX8 with a Geissele mount? I just ordered my NX8 from CS Tactical and I'm not sure if I should go with the standard or extended mount for the NX8 on an AR15.

Let us know what you think after you get a chance to play with it when it gets there next week
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Cowan likes to talk, but damn does he do well though out reviews.

Compared to 99% of the reviews out there, I prefer his on the topics he covers.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Compared to 99% of the reviews out there, I prefer his on the topics he covers.
    I agree. He tends to be very thorough and looks at realistic situations.

One thing he mentioned in the review is that the size of the center dot could make it harder to be precise at longer distances. This would be true if you were dialing for the distance, but if you are using the reticle for holdovers it should allow you to be a little more precise at those distances.

I was actually pretty disappointed that they are only offering the NX8 with the capped elevation turret to LE/MIL since that would probably be my preference. Although, being able to adjust the elevation easily might be beneficial to change zeros between shooting with and without a can.

More ATACR 1-8's are coming in if anyone is looking for them, give us a call at 916-670-1103 to Pre-Order. We also have one NX8 mil left in stock
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

These very lightweight yet sturdy Scalarworks mounts would make a fantastic option for the NX8
    Just 22.48oz together

Last edited by CS Tactical; 08-03-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    CS Tactical
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    These very lightweight yet sturdy Scalarworks mounts would make a fantastic option for the NX8
    Just 22.48oz together

Do you honestly feel that <5in-lb per clamp is enough to secure a 17oz optic to a hard use rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Do you honestly feel that <5in-lb per clamp is enough to secure a 17oz optic to a hard use rifle?
    Not sure what the documentation states in regards to the amount of force on the clamp (or even where you'd find that) but either way mine is holding zero. Mine has been sliding around the trunk of my wife's impala for a few weeks in-between range trips every 3 days and hasn't skipped a beat. So far I have about 4,000 rounds through the mount and its been mounted since 12JUL18. There has also been a lot of dry practice and manipulation drills in that 4K as well.

I've rechecked zero every 1k and have not seen any shift. The mount is slim without the QD levers and I love it. It is crazy that it is only a few ounces lighter than the LT104 on paper but the weight difference is noticeable mounted. I can't speak for certain about the mount over long term without more rounds through it and carrying it around more but so far it is holding up and I am liking it. Sample of one and all but I think they are worth a shot. The craftsmanship and quality in general are outstanding, pictures don't do them justice it is something you truly have to put your hands on to appreciate.

Attachment 28727

ETA: Don't laugh at my yellow broccoli band you know you want one.
    Last edited by Mike C; 08-04-2018 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    Not sure what the documentation states in regards to the amount of force on the clamp (or even where you'd find that) but either way mine is holding zero. Mine has been sliding around the trunk of my wife's impala for a few weeks in-between range trips every 3 days and hasn't skipped a beat. So far I have about 4,000 rounds through the mount and its been mounted since 12JUL18. There has also been a lot of dry practice and manipulation drills in that 4K as well.

I've rechecked zero every 1k and have not seen any shift. The mount is slim without the QD levers and I love it. It is crazy that it is only a few ounces lighter than the LT104 on paper but the weight difference is noticeable mounted. I can't speak for certain about the mount over long term without more rounds through it and carrying it around more but so far it is holding up and I am liking it. Sample of one and all but I think they are worth a shot. The craftsmanship and quality in general are outstanding, pictures don't do them justice it is something you truly have to put your hands on to appreciate.

Attachment 28727

ETA: Don't laugh at my yellow broccoli band you know you want one.
    Could you at some point closely inspect the recoil lugs and 1913 slots of the rail they interfere with, so as to ascertain movement under recoil, or not? I want to like the SW mount, but have had experiences in the past that make me shy away. SW has told me those issues are fixed, but I want 3rd party info.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-04-2018 at 05:56 PM.

@Unobtanium would you be willing to share your experiences and issues as well as what you were told was, "fixed?" If you don't want to share publicly feel free to PM me. As for the lugs I'll snap some photos of them tomorrow morning. I do want to ask for clarification though before I forget. You were talking about the clamping pressure on the main tube being less than ideal but you are asking me about the lugs on the mount. Have you had issues with the scope moving in the mount under recoil, the mount itself, or both? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    @Unobtanium would you be willing to share your experiences and issues as well as what you were told was, "fixed?" If you don't want to share publicly feel free to PM me. As for the lugs I'll snap some photos of them tomorrow morning. I do want to ask for clarification though before I forget. You were talking about the clamping pressure on the main tube being less than ideal but you are asking me about the lugs on the mount. Have you had issues with the scope moving in the mount under recoil, the mount itself, or both? Thanks.
    PM sent.

User Tag List