Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    I have some time behind the NF 1-8. I’m a NF fanboy, have 3 ATACR’s (5x25 & 7x35)in the safe right now.

But-

Go with the Vortex HD 1-6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it mainly the tight eyebox that would push you towards the Razor?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Is it mainly the tight eyebox that would push you towards the Razor?

Yes, the Vortex has the NF beat on 1x all day long.

A LPVO on carbine will spend most of its life on 1x, with occasionally being spun up for precision shots. 1x matters a lot, in my opinion. If I’m spinning up magnification I generally will have time to get a great cheek weld and good eye relief...on 1x I just need that bitch to be there like now! Haha

Site Supporter
    What about the Schmidt and bender short dot? The nightforce is getting close in price. Is the vortex that much better than the nightforce at 1x? Swarovski or kahles 1-6x?

Quote Originally Posted by TCFD273 View Post
    Yes, the Vortex has the NF beat on 1x all day long.

A LPVO on carbine will spend most of its life on 1x, with occasionally being spun up for precision shots. 1x matters a lot, in my opinion. If I’m spinning up magnification I generally will have time to get a great cheek weld and good eye relief...on 1x I just need that bitch to be there like now! Haha

Thanks. I don't disagree, I just keep telling myself I might like a little more magnification on this one since I have other rifles I can grab for up close.

I'm hoping I'll get a chance to play with both at the NRA show next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    What about the Schmidt and bender short dot? The nightforce is getting close in price. Is the vortex that much better than the nightforce at 1x? Swarovski or kahles 1-6x?
    The Kahles would be pretty high up on my list if it wasn't for the cost. It's substantially more expensive than the Vortex, and I'm just not sure the improvements over the Vortex justify the additional cost for me.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Do you mind sharing a little more detail why you'd choose the Razor HD-E 1-6 over the NX8? I have a new build I'm about to finish with a 16" Centurion Recce barrel and had the optic narrowed down to these two options. I don't have many places nearby to shoot long distance so up close is still most important to me, but I'd like to have the ability to stretch this one out a bit more than I can with my Steiner 1-4.

The ATACR is out of my price range. The NX8 is actually a little over what I wanted to spend but I was thinking the extra mag might be worth it, but if people are liking the Razor better I may just stick with that.

Essentially it's similar to how I describe the ATACR but with a maximum of 6x and Second Focal Plane. Huge eyebox where the ocular practically disappears, excellent clarity, great brightness but not nuclear like the Nightforce twins and a reasonable price. Here's an excellent review on the Vortex here:
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....R-15-thrown-in
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Essentially it's similar to how I describe the ATACR but with a maximum of 6x and Second Focal Plane. Huge eyebox where the ocular practically disappears, excellent clarity, great brightness but not nuclear like the Nightforce twins and a reasonable price. Here's an excellent review on the Vortex here:
    Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the Razor HD-E right now.

I really like the SM1 reticle on the K16i too, but I just can't justify the $800 price difference.

I just got my NX8 today, finally. It’s mounted in a LaRue. No joke about that eye box. It’s tight as hell and it’s a little bit of a let down. Oh well I’ll just chalk it up as an excuse to grab up a Razor HD.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Besides the focal plane and mag, how do the Vortex and ATACR compare?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    Besides the focal plane and mag, how do the Vortex and ATACR compare?
    Your quote was how I described the Vortex to the Nightforce in Summary I'd give the potential edge is durability to the Nightforce ATACR and the grid reticle is potentially better at distance. Both the Razor and ATACR have great glass, good illumination, are durable and two of the best LPV's out right now. 6x and under I'm fine with SFP while 6x and above I'd prefer FFP (if done right).
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List