Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    When that amount of pressure is applied over that long contact area I don't see why not. There's other manufacturers that have more clamping area over much less surface. I'm not an engineer, but Phil over at SW is much more intelligent than myself and has done quite a bit of testing on his products plus has quite a few SME's using them. IMO there's plenty of high quality mount and ring options (ADM, Geissele, Nightforce etc...) find what works for you and drive on.
    Roger that. I'll honestly have to see a ton of non-biased testing before I trust their products again. They are awesome people, but I'm not buying again until I see proof that these mounts are improved. Like you said, too many products that I know work to choose from, at this time. I love their mount for my Benelli M4/H2, and want to love this one, I just can't based on past experiences.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-06-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    5.48 oz
    That's $73 an ounce!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    That's $73 an ounce!

Seems like a bargain with some plants costing more than that per ounce
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

That's $73 an ounce!
    Well, the scope is $88/oz. +-

What did the car you drive around in cost per ounce? Your house? Relevancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Well, the scope is $88/oz. +-

What did the car you drive around in cost per ounce? Your house? Relevancy?
    According to my estimates, my jeep cost 4¢ an ounce. If you want to discover the relevancy, stick your tongue in your cheek. You'll find it there!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

According to my estimates, my jeep cost 4¢ an ounce. If you want to discover the relevancy, stick your tongue in your cheek. You'll find it there!
    I've owned a jeep product before I got my cx5. Adjusted for fixing it over 5 yearsownership, and you're at at least 6-8 cents per oz.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I've owned a jeep product before I got my cx5. Adjusted for fixing it over 5 yearsownership, and you're at at least 6-8 cents per oz.
    Counting shocks, tires, exhaust, engine mount and other miscellaneous repairs, I'm up to 6¢ an ounce, but the peace of mind it brings when your 60 miles from the nearest paved road is priceless.

Gotta admit- 6¢ an ounce for a 3,000 lbs vehicle is pretty cheap!
    Last edited by MistWolf; 08-06-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You really don’t want to do that calculation for the SCD.
    I would probably be shocked- if I knew what ask SCD was.

Counting shocks, tires, exhaust, engine mount and other miscellaneous repairs, I'm up to 6¢ an ounce, but the peace of mind it brings when your 60 miles from the nearest paved road is priceless.

Gotta admit- 6¢ an ounce for a 3,000 lbs vehicle is pretty cheap!
    I'll take peace of mind knowing I wont break down on the way to work, lol

Alright. I was waffling on the NX8 and Vortex "E", and finally decided on vortex due to eyebox, but then I saw that the ATACR is 0.04" shorter, and 0.5oz lighter. This made things a total no brainer. Anyway, I'm looking for a mount that will compliment things. I am using it on a 5.56 receiver and prefer my ocular to end even with the charging handle/receiver juncture. I'm seeing that these atacr have a huge! Arse end. What mount is light, sturdy, and will push it out there without having to mount the base of the mount at the very bleeding edge of the receiver? The scope is what it is, but I prefer to keep the mass of the mount nearest the BUIS. Pics would be nice if you have a setup you like. Dont want QD. Prefer 1/2" hardware.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 08-19-2018 at 03:58 AM.

User Tag List