Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Nightforce 1-8 discussion

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Alright. I was waffling on the NX8 and Vortex "E", and finally decided on vortex due to eyebox, but then I saw that the ATACR is 0.04" shorter, and 0.5oz lighter. This made things a total no brainer. Anyway, I'm looking for a mount that will compliment things. I am using it on a 5.56 receiver and prefer my ocular to end even with the charging handle/receiver juncture. I'm seeing that these atacr have a huge! Arse end. What mount is light, sturdy, and will push it out there without having to mount the base of the mount at the very bleeding edge of the receiver? The scope is what it is, but I prefer to keep the mass of the mount nearest the BUIS. Pics would be nice if you have a setup you like. Dont want QD. Prefer 1/2" hardware.

We have the NX8's in stock BTW, I'd say the Nightforce Unimount (if you don't mind 20 MOA built in) or the Magmount but the only 30mm height is 1.375. Give me a ring on the scope and I'll see what I can do
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    We have the NX8's in stock BTW, I'd say the Nightforce Unimount (if you don't mind 20 MOA built in) or the Magmount but the only 30mm height is 1.375. Give me a ring on the scope and I'll see what I can do
    I'm planning on the ATACR. NX8's don't do well with built-in elevation mounts. It's part of their compromise in size. Some odd optical properties emerge in some of them when you dial in significant elevation. I already have a very generous offer on an ATACR from a friend, if indeed I go that path.

Quote Originally Posted by CS Tactical View Post
    Early production/Prototype only. I'm sure if ever sold, it will fetch a mint. Otherwise, Leupold is your source for those turrets.

Site Supporter
    http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/01...to-21-million/

USSOCOM Selects Nightforce For Squad-Variable Powered Scopes (First Focal Plane) Contract Worth Up To $21 Million

Today, they announced the First Focal Plane contract, awarding a little over $15 Million initially to Nightforce. Ultimately, the contract could be worth as much as $21 Million.

The Optic is the ATACR (Advanced Tactical Rifle) 1-8x. It is similar to the commercial variant except that it will be in FDE and utilize a custom BDC reticle specified by USSOCOM.
    Last edited by HCM; 10-01-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    It's definitely a worthy scope to win that contract, I'd buy one if I can afford it
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

User Tag List