Which one all depends upon its use. I have all three.

Going for nostalgia...

I love my 3.5" pre-27 for what it is. It's a beautiful gun that shoots well and feels nostalgic. I'm 6'3" and 230 lbs and can conceal a 5" Government Model with no problem. I have always found N frames awkward for concealed carry in modern clothing (and I'm a revolver guy).

For shooting a steady diet of 357 Magnum the 4" L-frame works for me. The gun can handle everything, including the stout Federal 357B and similar 125gr loads. But remember while the gun can handle it, but your hands and wrist will take a beating. Shoot enough and you'll probably give yourself tennis elbow (ask me how I know). 357 Magnum is fun now and then, but most folks end up shooting more 38 Special out of their guns than anything else.

Which brings us to the K frame. For carry nothing beats a K frame. I love the Model 19 (Combat Magnum) if I need to shoot 357 Magnum, and as I stated in another post, I absolutely love the Combat Masterpiece (Model 15). Shooting a realistic amount of 357 Magnum (and a whole lot of 38 Special) the K frame should do just fine.

All that said, if your intent is for a bowling pin gun I would probably use one of the newer 8 shot 627's (if sticking with 357 Magnum) or a 625 (my preference).