Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rifle Light / Mount on a budget

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    I'm currently using the HLx with the Magpul scout mount on my MOE handguards. I think that the IWC mount is a little more compact/elegant. On the scout mount, the tailcap stands a little taller and a little further back than a Surefire scout light does. I'm wanting a good way to mount the Streamlight tape switch to the MOE handguard.
    Just to clarify, are you using the magpul mount on the current MOE HG with MLOK slots or the original style MOE HG with the FAL style holes? AFAIK MLOK does not work with the original style MOE holes the OP mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just to clarify, are you using the magpul mount on the current MOE HG with MLOK slots or the original style MOE HG with the FAL style holes? AFAIK MLOK does not work with the original style MOE holes the OP mentioned.
    Legacy MOE forend. Magpul does make an MOE>MLOK adapter, but I haven't used one as of yet. I did mount an MLOK QD sling mount to the forend, but it required a little file work to get it to fit.

Name:  IMG_0750.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  58.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0749.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  74.3 KB
    Last edited by Chuck Whitlock; 12-17-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Add photos
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

It sounds like the screaming solution is a SL Railmount HLX (1k lumen model), and whatever scout mount interface you can find to work with your handguard.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

User Tag List