Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PX4 Solid Steel Trigger, PSA

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Ya man, not tracking what your saying. The competition trigger group is a designation that everyone ordering the gun knew before ordering it. They didn't hide it, misrepresent it, or categorize it any fashion that hid this from costumers. He simply states he would not use this steel trigger in his carry guns because of the breakages he has seen. Your connection is really odd and honestly I do not follow. Apparently your making connections that I can't see or logically follow.

Also rereading his post, again for the fourth time, he never says what you are supposedly pointing to as the smoking gun.
    "they list it as a competition part on their website" The sentence where the language confusion is.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    is don’t use this trigger in a pistol you would rely on to save your life!
    And that is the part I appreciate, only consider this after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I understand but Beretta should not be selling a known defective part in October, November, or December if the info was out in July of this year. The part should have been pulled immediately upon notification instead of continuing to sell a part that renders the pistol inoperable. God forbid you needed to use the pistol in a defensive sitstuion. You’d be fresh out of luck with slow singing and flower bringing. Actually pretty pathetic on their part to keep selling it.
    So in Beretta's defense, it would be a strong statement to say that it is a "known defective part". I know of exactly three of these triggers that have broken. I don't know how many of these Beretta has sold in the years it has been on the website. At what point it is considered a "known defective part" is a question I cannot answer for Beretta and not my decision to make.

For my part, I have seen three broken ones in the last two years. That is enough for me to recommend that serious users not put them on guns they need to rely on for duty or defense type use.

I notified Beretta about all three, and from what I know those are the only three that they have heard of to date.

Again, that is enough for me to not recommend. But to say that it is a "know defective part" for Beretta is a different issue altogether.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 12-14-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So in Beretta's defense, it would be a strong statement to say that it is a "known defective part". I know of exactly three of these triggers that have broken. I don't know how many of these Beretta has sold in the years it has been on the website. At what point it is considered a "known defective part" is a question I cannot answer for Beretta and not my decision to make.

For my part, I have seen three broken ones in the last two years. That is enough for me to recommend that serious users not put them on guns they need to rely on for duty or defense type use.

I notified Beretta about all three, and from what I know those are the only three that they have heard of to date.

Again, that is enough for me to not recommend. But to say that it is a "know defective part" for Beretta is a different issue altogether.
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree. To me if you notified them that you had seen, as a professional trainer and known pistol expert, three different examples broken, rendering the pistol inoperable....well that’s enough to me to pull the part from sale, especially given that it’s a third party manufactured part. It doesn’t sound like they did any testing of their own nor paid it much of any mind. That’s the issue I have. Mine were recent purchases so we’ll see how they handle the return. I’ve invested a fair amount of money into this platform in recent months. 3 pistols, 40 magazines, and various parts, so prime time to see their CS at work.

Nothing stated that it’s made by a third party either and it should probably state that.
    http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...rigger/c5g270/
    Last edited by Bodhi; 12-14-2017 at 07:45 PM.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. To me if you notified them that you had seen, as a professional trainer and known pistol expert, three different examples broken, rendering the pistol inoperable....well that’s enough to me to pull the part from sale, especially given that it’s a third party manufactured part. It doesn’t sound like they did any testing of their own nor paid it much of any mind. That’s the issue I have. Mine were recent purchases so we’ll see how they handle the return. I’ve invested a fair amount of money into this platform in recent months. 3 pistols, 40 magazines, and various parts, so prime time to see their CS at work.

Nothing stated that it’s made by a third party either and it should probably state that.
    http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...rigger/c5g270/
    LOL, that is almost funny. If the industry took me that seriously many, many companies have dropped the ball on not issuing recalls or stopping production.

How long did Glock make 19s after I broke a slide.?
    How long did Glock make 19s after I broke a frame rail off?
    How long did Smith make M&Ps after I cracked a barrel? Could not get a 9mm to shoot well? Trigger reset issues? (the list is too long)
    How long did Sig make 220s after I broke the disassembly latch.?
    How long did Sig make 220STs with an internal extractor after I found out they did not work very long?

The third trigger was exactly two weeks ago, and if you notice on your link that you placed here, they are "out of stock". Maybe, just maybe they are looking into it, and that would be a much faster response than I have seen from any other company in this industry to issues that I have raised.

To my knowledge, no one else on this forum has had this issue happen, and there are a bunch of solid steel PX4 triggers out there. I get that you are pissed off, and you have the right to be. But I was trying to make sure people are aware of a potential issue so that no one has this happen at a bad time, including you. In fact, it may never happen to you or any of your triggers. It was a warning for everyone based on what I have seen. If I am a company, I am not going to refund your money because someone else had a problem. Think about that please before you raise a stink at Beretta and cause an issue. I can just hear the conversation with customer service now "Ernest said your triggers break, so give me my money back!" I cannot wait to have that conversation with Beretta about the problems I am causing for customer service.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and not give a warning like this? I am truly impressed with the PX4 and with Beretta. This trigger and the fact that Beretta sells it on their website is not going to change that fact.

I am hard on guns, that is basically my job right now. I break things that no one has ever seen break. And sometimes that means I get ignored the first time I break something.

Beretta as a company test and validates their guns more than any other company that I have seen or worked with. And there have been quite a few in the last 20 years.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I'd guess that Mr. Langdon probably has a much better probability of breaking a trigger than 99.9% of the general public. I really appreciate his comments- I really like the PX4!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    LOL, that is almost funny. If the industry took me that seriously many, many companies have dropped the ball on not issuing recalls or stopping production.

How long did Glock make 19s after I broke a slide.?
    How long did Glock make 19s after I broke a frame rail off?
    How long did Smith make M&Ps after I cracked a barrel? Could not get a 9mm to shoot well? Trigger reset issues? (the list is too long)
    How long did Sig make 220s after I broke the disassembly latch.?
    How long did Sig make 220STs with an internal extractor after I found out they did not work very long?

The third trigger was exactly two weeks ago, and if you notice on your link that you placed here, they are "out of stock". Maybe, just maybe they are looking into it, and that would be a much faster response than I have seen from any other company in this industry to issues that I have raised.

To my knowledge, no one else on this forum has had this issue happen, and there are a bunch of solid steel PX4 triggers out there. I get that you are pissed off, and you have the right to be. But I was trying to make sure people are aware of a potential issue so that no one has this happen at a bad time, including you. In fact, it may never happen to you or any of your triggers. It was a warning for everyone based on what I have seen. If I am a company, I am not going to refund your money because someone else had a problem. Think about that please before you raise a stink at Beretta and cause an issue. I can just hear the conversation with customer service now "Ernest said your triggers break, so give me my money back!" I cannot wait to have that conversation with Beretta about the problems I am causing for customer service.

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut and not give a warning like this? I am truly impressed with the PX4 and with Beretta. This trigger and the fact that Beretta sells it on their website is not going to change that fact.

I am hard on guns, that is basically my job right now. I break things that no one has ever seen break. And sometimes that means I get ignored the first time I break something.

Beretta as a company test and validates their guns more than any other company that I have seen or worked with. And there have been quite a few in the last 20 years.

I’m not going to go round and round with you on this. We aren’t talking about Glock, S&W, Sig nor any other company. We are discussing Beretta and them selling a 3rd party part that is essential for pistol function.

I appreciate the warning, and the honesty on not only this, but the block that broke at a very high round count in a torture test. No one is questioning your credibility nor am I dismissing Beretta over a single part. In fact pointing out a busted block or a poor third party vendor part just gives you more cred. It’s being honest in a community where it should be.

But no company is beyond critique, ever. I’ve spent over $1400 at their store in the last 3 months and $3600 in total on Beretta firearms in the last 90 days. You go spend your hard earned money, get your triggers dialed in via smith, buy parts, magazines, etc, and you think contacting CS and expecting a solid response isn’t warranted? IMO, just quit selling said part and if the return is from a recent buy, it shouldn’t be an issue. If it is, and you’ve got proof of the money spent, well...it is what it is.

I’m not dismissing Beretta, slagging their firearms off, or anything else. I am slagging off a known problem part. That’s it. It isn’t personal but it is my money, and it is hard earned so I do not take it lightly nor will I ever. If you’ve got an issue with that, that’s your issue. I’m done with the round and round.

Edit: Add another one to the tally.

https://youtu.be/189VPFCSND0
    Last edited by Bodhi; 12-14-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Hammertime
    That is Chris Baker. One of the three Ernest mentioned.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Nevermind.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 12-14-2017 at 10:21 PM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

People need to calm down, no reason to be a jerk over someone passing you info that you didn't have. This is the exact reason other experts stopped posting here.

With that said, it will be interesting to see what was wrong with these triggers (some kind of heating treatment gone wrong?), paging anyone who is a smarter guy/gal then me.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 12-14-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    People need to calm down, no reason to be a jerk over someone passing you info that you didn't have. This is the exact reason other experts stopped posting here.

With that said, it will be interesting to see what was wrong with these triggers (some kind of heating treatment gone wrong?), paging anyone who is a smarter guy/gal then me.
    I do not think anyone is being a jerk.
    The only issue seems to be a factory selling 3rd party parts as factory, that’s it.
    My PM sparked the thread btw. Beretta is out of them and I’m trying to finish a 3 month exercise that will be crystal later on.

User Tag List