Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PX4 Solid Steel Trigger, PSA

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Major league PITA for me as now I have to have mine removed. Another hour long trip each way to my smith, and a longer time until I can use the pistols. Wish I would have known.

Thanks for putting this out there publicly.
    Yeah, I know it sucks. The info has been out there since at least July of this year. I have been telling people for a little longer than that.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Yeah, I know it sucks. The info has been out there since at least July of this year. I have been telling people for a little longer than that.
    I understand but Beretta should not be selling a known defective part in October, November, or December if the info was out in July of this year. The part should have been pulled immediately upon notification instead of continuing to sell a part that renders the pistol inoperable. God forbid you needed to use the pistol in a defensive sitstuion. You’d be fresh out of luck with slow singing and flower bringing. Actually pretty pathetic on their part to keep selling it.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up, Ernest. The steel trigger was kinda on my radar--something I might have considered. Not anymore.

I was actually looking at one the other day... but got sidetracked.

Thanks for the heads up. [emoji106]

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    The metal trigger is NOT a part of the competition trigger group. No need to worry.
    Never said it was. Your missing the subtlety of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Because the trigger group has been put into guns and put through a full validation test. The Competition Trigger group is basically the same trigger group that goes into the SD model guns. Factory part and factory-built at Beretta Italy. The steel trigger is made by a third party and not really a factory part. Very few people will ever have an issue with the part as they are not putting the round counts up that I do or that is done on a validation test at Beretta Italy.

All that said, I don't want it to happen to someone at the wrong time. So I am putting it out there so that people will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I understand but Beretta should not be selling a known defective part in October, November, or December if the info was out in July of this year. The part should have been pulled immediately upon notification instead of continuing to sell a part that renders the pistol inoperable. God forbid you needed to use the pistol in a defensive sitstuion. You’d be fresh out of luck with slow singing and flower bringing. Actually pretty pathetic on their part to keep selling it.
    Beretta puts there name on it and sells it through their site. They do NOT uniformly use the "legalese" competition, since the term is in production use "defense weapons". I really do thank you for putting it out there, I just think that Beretta is falling down on how it is currently done. I should NOT have been able to buy it from them then. (installed in the my version compact carry, while I am awaiting the parts getting treated, it should be removed from site and gun and I should receive a refund, IMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post

Beretta puts there name on it and sells it through their site. They do NOT uniformly use the "legalese" competition, since the term is in production use "defense weapons". I really do thank you for putting it out there, I just think that Beretta is falling down on how it is currently done. I should NOT have been able to buy it from them then. (installed in the my version compact carry, while I am awaiting the parts getting treated, it should be removed from site and gun and I should receive a refund, IMHO)
    maybe I am an idiot but I am completely missing your argument. This trigger, that obviously has issues, is not sold with the compact carry and it in no way links to the competition trigger kit.. Are you saying you bought the trigger and put it in your gun so now you want a refund?

Reread the first post.

EL is saying that because it is sold as a COMPETITION part, it should not be used in a self defense gun. (legal argument)
    EL and Beretta, combined and created what is sold as a self defense gun, with a COMPETITION part (no not the trigger, but the trigger group).
    They mooted the competition argument.
    By selling it with their name on it, through THEIR site (not a third parties), they IMHO (IANAL), mooted safety parts of any argument, and it should be recalled.

I have multiple PX4's and the one it is in, was being built as my version of the compact carry (I require different sights, and not a fan of the grey). So this would have been a competition and back up gun, and will have to be modified back, when the parts get back from the coater.

Reread the first post.

EL is saying that because it is sold as a COMPETITION part, it should not be used in a self defense gun. (legal argument)
    EL and Beretta, combined and created what is sold as a self defense gun, with a COMPETITION part (no not the trigger, but the trigger group).
    They mooted the competition argument.
    By selling it with their name on it, through THEIR site (not a third parties), they IMHO (IANAL), mooted safety parts of any argument, and it should be recalled.

I have multiple PX4's and the one it is in, was being built as my version of the compact carry (I require different sights, and not a fan of the grey). So this would have been a competition and back up gun, and will have to be modified back, when the parts get back from the coater.
    Ya man, not tracking what your saying. The competition trigger group is a designation that everyone ordering the gun knew before ordering it. They didn't hide it, misrepresent it, or categorize it any fashion that hid this from costumers. He simply states he would not use this steel trigger in his carry guns because of the breakages he has seen. Your connection is really odd and honestly I do not follow. Apparently your making connections that I can't see or logically follow.

Also rereading his post, again for the fourth time, he never says what you are supposedly pointing to as the smoking gun.
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 12-14-2017 at 04:59 PM.

In my experience, especially nuanced forum arguments are most interesting only to those making them. The obvious point, which is not nuanced at all, is don’t use this trigger in a pistol you would rely on to save your life!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I get what you’re saying. At least I think I do. Sometimes manufacturers screw up. I think asking for refund is a bit much and is a far stretch. Take the trigger out and roll on...life is too short to obsess over who’s right/wrong/competition/defense, etc. in situations such as these.
    Shoot more, post less...

User Tag List