Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: PX4 Solid Steel Trigger, PSA

Crap. So I guess my full size "every upgrade Beretta offers (aside from cam block upgrade) plus sci-fi ceracrome job px4" at my 'smith will be relegated to range use? That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Crap. So I guess my full size "every upgrade Beretta offers (aside from cam block upgrade) plus sci-fi ceracrome job px4" at my 'smith will be relegated to range use? That's annoying.
    Just change out the solid steel trigger and you will be fine. Everything else that they are selling on the site has been fully validated many times over.

Relax.
    Last edited by LangdonTactical; 12-19-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Mine were removed and replaced in about 15 minutes. They they were brand new so they were immediately sent back to Beretta. A small pain but I’d suggest just getting it over with now and you won’t have to ever deal with again.

Luckily, my gunsmith is still getting my px4 prepped for ceracroming, so I still have 2 steel triggers to return to Beretta-- or to sell to some pf members, cheap.

Also, my last trip to my gunsmith to chat on the px4 led to him saying "I think I have something you'd like see..."

Now I am a proud owner of a Colt Trooper Mk III 4" .357, some holster wear, barely fired.

Not annoyed in the slightest now. Thanks, Langdon. I am fully relaxed.

Luckily, my gunsmith is still getting my px4 prepped for ceracroming, so I still have 2 steel triggers to return to Beretta-- or to sell to some pf members, cheap.

Also, my last trip to my gunsmith to chat on the px4 led to him saying "I think I have something you'd like see..."

Now I am a proud owner of a Colt Trooper Mk III 4" .357, some holster wear, barely fired.

Not annoyed in the slightest now. Thanks, Langdon. I am fully relaxed.
    Cool
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Surprised that Chris Baker's video, posted the day this thread started, didn't get posted in the thread. He doesn't seem all that wound up about it.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

I put a steel trigger in a PX4 Compact that I upgraded to a CC. I was looking for another steel trigger for the factory PX4 CC I bought yesterday, and saw this thread. Good news: I saved $55. Bad news: I have to swap my plastic trigger back into the first gun.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    So in Beretta's defense, it would be a strong statement to say that it is a "known defective part". I know of exactly three of these triggers that have broken. I don't know how many of these Beretta has sold in the years it has been on the website. At what point it is considered a "known defective part" is a question I cannot answer for Beretta and not my decision to make.

For my part, I have seen three broken ones in the last two years. That is enough for me to recommend that serious users not put them on guns they need to rely on for duty or defense type use.

I notified Beretta about all three, and from what I know those are the only three that they have heard of to date.

Again, that is enough for me to not recommend. But to say that it is a "know defective part" for Beretta is a different issue altogether.
    Before I saw this thread I had talked to the Beretta Parts Manager about this problem (I have never tried one, though). He played it down and said there were only 3 out of countless triggers out there that failed, etc.. He said they would neither pull it off the website, not warn anyone because it is not a real issue.

Thank you Ernest for your care in getting the word out there about this! People over dollars is one of the traits that makes you stand out in the industry (shooting like you do doesn't hurt, either)

Beretta said that if the trigger fails I could send it back for a refund. I said, "You mean my widow could send it back for a refund, if it breaks at a bad time!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    We’ll just have to agree to disagree. To me if you notified them that you had seen, as a professional trainer and known pistol expert, three different examples broken, rendering the pistol inoperable....well that’s enough to me to pull the part from sale, especially given that it’s a third party manufactured part. It doesn’t sound like they did any testing of their own nor paid it much of any mind. That’s the issue I have. Mine were recent purchases so we’ll see how they handle the return. I’ve invested a fair amount of money into this platform in recent months. 3 pistols, 40 magazines, and various parts, so prime time to see their CS at work.

Nothing stated that it’s made by a third party either and it should probably state that.
    http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/px4-...rigger/c5g270/
    Bodhi, There are actually a lot of parts in a stock PX4 that are made by other, 3rd party contributors. This includes firing pins and some critical parts. In my experience, with nearly 90,000 rounds on a dozen PX4s for years, they are reliable, trustworthy and dependable.
    I also have many magazines (which are made for them by Mechanica Del Sarco) and a drawer full of parts and springs. They are worth the investment.

Yes, occasionally they will come up with something that doesn't do well. And they should stand behind that and own up to it, for sure. But my experience with them has been that you have not been "taken" or ripped off diving into the PX4 platform. I do recommend that at any point of wanting an update or adding a part or kit, check around first on PF.

Someone has to use stuff enough to break it. That's how things get improved. When Ernest's cam block broke, I ordered a spare cam block for my .45. It is a platform worth maintaining. Enjoy it confidently!
    Last edited by PX4 Storm Tracker; 02-17-2018 at 06:04 PM.

I replaced my PX4’s all steel $55 trigger with the stock trigger tonight. It sure looks nice.....

User Tag List