Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PX4 Solid Steel Trigger, PSA

PX4 Solid Steel Trigger, PSA

OK, I have to put this out there. I was waiting on Beretta so say something, but someone reached out to me again this morning about putting a solid steel trigger in their PX4.

I have broken two of them so far, both in PX4 Compacts, and just saw another one break in Chris Baker's PX4 two weeks ago.

I have found out that Beretta Italy does not make these triggers. They are made by a third-party vendor. While they do tend to improve the trigger pull a little in DA, I would personally not trust them in a duty/defense type gun.

I am not sure if Beretta will make an announcement about this as they do not put them in production guns and they list it as a competition part on their website. I have notified them about the issue and they are looking into the problem.

Name:  Photo Dec 03, 06 36 06.jpg
Views: 4649
Size:  49.6 KB
    Chris Baker's gun

Name:  Photo Apr 14, 08 46 26.jpg
Views: 3815
Size:  42.4 KB
    Name:  Photo Apr 14, 08 46 52.jpg
Views: 4057
Size:  42.5 KB
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Cheap metal?

Quote Originally Posted by DAB View Post
    Cheap metal?
    Yeah, I don't know. Not sure how it is even constructed.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

This makes me wonder........

The PX4 Storm compact carry, in the released model contains the COMPETITION trigger group. Should it have been named the competition carry then, rather then the compact carry? (it is marketed as a self defense EDC gun)
    I realize parts can be defective, no matter who manufactures them (and this would be interesting to see if the problem is found). Just not sure how the competition argument lies, since another competition part is in a production gun.

Major league PITA for me as now I have to have mine removed. Another hour long trip each way to my smith, and a longer time until I can use the pistols. Wish I would have known.

Thanks for putting this out there publicly.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post

The PX4 Storm compact carry, in the released model contains the COMPETITION trigger group. Should it have been named the competition carry then, rather then the compact carry? (it is marketed as a self defense EDC gun)
    I realize parts can be defective, no matter who manufactures them (and this would be interesting to see if the problem is found). Just not sure how the competition argument lies, since another competition part is in a production gun.
    The metal trigger is NOT a part of the competition trigger group. No need to worry.
    Shoot more, post less...

See post 2497 this thread https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ock-19/page250

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    OK, I have to put this out there. I was waiting on Beretta so say something, but someone reached out to me again this morning about putting a solid steel trigger in their PX4.

I have broken two of them so far, both in PX4 Compacts, and just saw another one break in Chris Baker's PX4 two weeks ago.

Thank you Ernest. Great example of ethics in an industry that can be far from ethical.

Because the trigger group has been put into guns and put through a full validation test. The Competition Trigger group is basically the same trigger group that goes into the SD model guns. Factory part and factory-built at Beretta Italy. The steel trigger is made by a third party and not really a factory part. Very few people will ever have an issue with the part as they are not putting the round counts up that I do or that is done on a validation test at Beretta Italy.

All that said, I don't want it to happen to someone at the wrong time. So I am putting it out there so that people will know.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Yes, I have put this out there before. It is not really new information.

Since I was asked about it again in a PM, I thought it was time to make sure people knew for sure since it is clear everyone has not read all of the PX4 Compact Thread.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List