Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Considering a P30 for EDC

If I had a 10-round limit, I'd be inclined to go P2000 or keep the 45C.

The P30 is a pretty sizeable gun and the the 15-round mag is about the only thing keeping me with it over the P2K.

Site Supporter
    For a 10 round limit, I would lean towards the P30sk, P2000sk, P2000, or USPc. For the price, the P30sk is hard to beat in a 10 round state. Why carry the extra size of a P2000 when the P30sk covers everything.

If the P30sk isn't your thing, the P2000 can be found at great prices whether it's a shop or the forum on HKPro. Good luck!

100 rounds at the range this afternoon. 45C is a great gun...not sure what i was thinking

4" circle @7 yards, 8 rounds. splits starting from concealment: 1.75 / .35 / .34 / .34 / .33 / .31 / .31 / .33 / .33

So a bit slower than my last session, but i was more deliberate given the slightly longer distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    100 rounds at the range this afternoon. 45C is a great gun...not sure what i was thinking

4" circle @7 yards, 8 rounds. splits starting from concealment: 1.75 / .35 / .34 / .34 / .33 / .31 / .31 / .33 / .33

So a bit slower than my last session, but i was more deliberate given the slightly longer distance.
    On Bill Drills I usually start out hammering down .25's with the 45C, but as my hands slip they steadily drop to near .30.
    That's the nature of the beast with the slick sided lightweight .45.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    That's the nature of the beast with the slick sided lightweight .45.
    I've found myself liking a P2000SK Light LEM quite a bit for carry. Given that the P2K/SK has grip slickness similar to the 45C, the Talon grip wraps help a lot. Recently, though, I sent the SK to Robar for some work, including grip texturing. That texturing was outstanding!

As many others have stated, the P30 is a bit on the largish side in a capacity challenged state. I'd suggest the P2000 which is more size-analogous to your 45C, or, if you can "run" a smaller gun, a P2000sk or P30sk.

I agree that if you're sticking with the LEM trigger, the trigger function has a built in "governor" on max speed, and you're unlikely to see huge speed increases by going to the smaller caliber. What I predict you'll see is shooting slightly tighter groups with less effort, as there will be significantly less recoil to fight.

I have both and I would definitely stick with the Hk45c if capacity is limited, even over the p2000. 9 rounds of 230 grain out of a nearly g19 sized gun that is totally reliable is the schiznit. Yes the p30 is faster—but the Hk45c has been consistently more accurate. I have a p30 lite lem and a Hk45c std lem.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    10 round restriction.
    Stick with the HK45C.
    I agree here. If feasible, perhaps take the money that would have been spent on the P30 and get reloading machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I agree here. If feasible, perhaps take the money that would have been spent on the P30 and get reloading machine.
    Best advice yet... Something like a Dillon 550,or650 would quickly pay for itself, and you would be able to make ammo rather quickly, I have both a 550 and two 650's loading 100rnds of .45 on the 550 usually took me about 12-15 minutes, on the 650 (with casefeeder) it's about 8-10 minutes. Cost per box is much lower, In my case it's about $7-9 a box, so the savings are there..

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Best advice yet... Something like a Dillon 550,or650 would quickly pay for itself, and you would be able to make ammo rather quickly, I have both a 550 and two 650's loading 100rnds of .45 on the 550 usually took me about 12-15 minutes, on the 650 (with casefeeder) it's about 8-10 minutes. Cost per box is much lower, In my case it's about $7-9 a box, so the savings are there..
    That’s actually what I would probably do if I lived in a state like that. Investing in the reloading setup would reduce your ammo costs, would pay for itself in time, and would give you the base for reloading other ammo. It strikes me as a better investment than buying new guns that you have to vet.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List