Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Considering a P30 for EDC

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post

4" circle @7 yards, 8 rounds. splits starting from concealment: 1.75 / .35 / .34 / .34 / .33 / .31 / .31 / .33 / .33
    I don't think I can do that with my 45s, which are 1911s. Maybe I can but certainly not cold, and even then I am not sure. If you're shooting it that well, there is zero reasons to switch.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I don't think I can do that with my 45s, which are 1911s. Maybe I can but certainly not cold, and even then I am not sure. If you're shooting it that well, there is zero reasons to switch.
    Thanks for the kind words.

Those times are definitely after a warm up. I've been trying to find a grip that works well on the 45C, and after watching this video, figured out that closing my support hand fingers first, and then bringing the palm onto the grip, makes a very big difference in maintaining control and not shifting my grip during continuous fire. Gripping the gun hard with both hands also has helped me track the front sight better, though i can't explain how thats related to the grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTLi6_96t1o&t=50s

Brief update. Decided to stay with the 45C.

At the range today:

What range in MA lets you draw from the holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Brief update. Decided to stay with the 45C.

At the range today:

That is some fine shooting. You seem to be pretty comfortable with that 45c!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List