Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am a weak person.

Quote Originally Posted by Oukaapie View Post
    Now that a Gen 5 gadget is coming I need to get a Gen 5.
    You should do that. After only 30 years, Gaston made a pistol that is usable right out of the box with no mods.

Let's go get some more BBQ, and you can shoot my Gen5 G19.

I am very much the frugal one in my marriage but recently had a "fuck it" moment and bought a px4 compact carry mod 4 off another member here. Then I bought a holster and mag pouch. Then I bought extra mags for it. Tis the season am I right?

My "weakness" for guns has waned over the years. I buy more ammo now than ever before.

My wife and I are about to have our small domicile paid off and then plan to attack our credit cards. On paper, we are in the black but once we are debt free in 3-5 years, assuming nothing else happens and we stay healthy, I plan on spending a whole lot more on ammo and stick to what I already have in the safe.

I'm out of room anyway. And too much of my CC debt was spent on things that are already in the safe.

Debt sucks. I hate debt.

Regards.

You guys keep talking about holsters and mags pouches and sights like those are separate expenses. I don't even think about that stuff, I just get it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    My "weakness" for guns has waned over the years. I buy more ammo now than ever before.

My wife and I are about to have our small domicile paid off and then plan to attack our credit cards. On paper, we are in the black but once we are debt free in 3-5 years, assuming nothing else happens and we stay healthy, I plan on spending a whole lot more on ammo and stick to what I already have in the safe.

I'm out of room anyway. And too much of my CC debt was spent on things that are already in the safe.

Debt sucks. I hate debt.

Regards.
    Agreed. I am fortunate to be able to pay off my CC every month, or I wouldn't have spent the money I just did. I could have paid cash for everything, and did for some of it, but there are CC benefits I get for making purchases, and it makes it so I only have to balance my checking account a few times a month instead of every time I turn around.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Agreed. I am fortunate to be able to pay off my CC every month, or I wouldn't have spent the money I just did. I could have paid cash for everything, and did for some of it, but there are CC benefits I get for making purchases, and it makes it so I only have to balance my checking account a few times a month instead of every time I turn around.
    Hopefully, I can make my CC work for me in the very near future.......instead of me working for my CC.

My bank guy said "You owe hardly nothing" but to me, owing anything is too much. House being paid off is going to allow me to attack CC debt like a viking on a conquest.

I can't wait.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    You guys keep talking about holsters and mags pouches and sights like those are separate expenses. I don't even think about that stuff, I just get it.
    Separate puchases=separate expenses. If you're only accountable to yourself, like a friend of mine was for 10 years between wives, then as long as everything else financial is kosher, do what you want. After he finally got married again, he added up how much he'd spent on guns, ammo, and assorted accessories. He could have paid off his house.

He doesn't spend like water on guns anymore. But he has three kids and a wife, so priorities had to change. If he wants something, he usually has something else he's tired of that he trades for it.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Well, at least the 3953 doesn't take up much space in the safe. Speaking of which, neither does a M64...

Quote Originally Posted by lwt16 View Post
    Hopefully, I can make my CC work for me in the very near future.......instead of me working for my CC.

My bank guy said "You owe hardly nothing" but to me, owing anything is too much. House being paid off is going to allow me to attack CC debt like a viking on a conquest.

I can't wait.
    Just guessing on this, but you may have this backward. If the goal is simply to be out of debt, pay off the highest interest rates first. That's usually credit cards, then car payments, then mortgage. Plus, any interest you pay on a mortgage is tax deductible, which makes it less painful than other interest.

I'm in a bit of a weird situation that way. The car I just bought was one the dealer really wanted to get rid of (they'd sent it to auction and had to bring it back to the shop, whereas it was one I have contemplated travel to another state to find), and I was negotiating at 7 pm on the last day of the month. I ended up with an interest rate 1.4% below my mortgage. So if I'm going to dump cash on a loan, I let the car payment ride and put it on the house first. Weird, but that's the math.
    Last edited by OlongJohnson; 12-14-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    Well, at least the 3953 doesn't take up much space in the safe. Speaking of which, neither does a M64...
    Dooooo eeeetttt!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Separate puchases=separate expenses. If you're only accountable to yourself, like a friend of mine was for 10 years between wives, then as long as everything else financial is kosher, do what you want. After he finally got married again, he added up how much he'd spent on guns, ammo, and assorted accessories. He could have paid off his house.

He doesn't spend like water on guns anymore. But he has three kids and a wife, so priorities had to change. If he wants something, he usually has something else he's tired of that he trades for it.
    Well if y'all would stop feeding your wife and kids EVERY DAY...

I hope I meet a girl with a taste for the finer things like old trucks and guns instead of one that's into new cars without visible body damage, throw pillows, and children.

User Tag List