Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RFI: long distance rifle instruction: who do we like?

Jim Smith of Spartan Tactical if you’re looking for long distance AR stuff. Amazing mil background and has hunted and killed numerous dangerous predators
    Last edited by ChrisLapre; 12-20-2017 at 09:15 PM.

Based on personal experience I recommend @Failure2Stop and Kyle Defoor.
    Last edited by El Cid; 12-20-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Per the thread title, who do we like for vetted, open enrollment precision rifle training? Who have y'all had direct experience with that is good, as in, same league as the usual pistol instructors that we know and love? My searching of P-F revealed LL's secret crush on bolt guns, but not so much where to go learn more about their usage.

Thanks in advance, folks.
    If you are currently in the PNW there is no need to travel far. I would recommend anything taught by Scott Satterlee who teaches for Core Shooting Solutions out at Rock Lake Rifle range near Spokane, WA. Caylen Wojcik was teaching out of Yakima, WA. I don't know if he still is. I have taken classes from both and would recommend either without hesitation. Both are not only knowledgeable and talented shooters but can actually teach and convey information.

If you want to learn for Free99 sign up for Northwest PRS club series matches and you will be overwhelmed with help from your fellow competitors.
    Last edited by Jimichanga; 12-23-2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: i can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Even though I have not shot long distance with Bill Rapier, he is effectively one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to long distance shooting, while understanding the concepts and how to effectively teach them. He's got one class scheduled so far on precision shooting - check out his courses (that class is towards the bottom) - http://www.amtacshooting.com/courses/upcoming
    So good, I've taken it twice.

Looks like only one scheduled for 2018 so far...

Amtac Shooting Precision Rifle Course

27-28 October 2018 (Blakely, GA)

This course is designed to teach precision rifle shooting from 0-1000 yards. You will learn how to set up your rifle, determine your range and make accurate shots out to 1000 yards and beyond (this particular range goes out to 2000 yards so if you have the ability and equipment you will be able to stretch it out). The course will include two days of world class shooting and classroom instruction designed to maximize your rifle shooting ability. Other topics covered include equipment selection, ammunition selection, understand MOA and MIL's, dialing dope, shooting holds, reading wind and using ballistics software. This course is being held at Arena Training Facility and all food and lodging are included.
    Course details and registration: Register
    Please email bill@amtacshooting.com for further information.
    Last edited by ST911; 12-23-2017 at 10:29 AM.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Timely thread! Having wrecked my right hand and wrist with handgun shooting, I predict mostly rifle instruction in the future, now that retirement allows a more-free schedule. I shoot long guns lefty, and at age 56, am not yet ready to stop shooting.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-23-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Timely thread! Having wrecked my right hand and wrist with handgun shooting, I predict mostly rifle instruction in the future, now that retirement allows a more-free schedule. I shoot long guns lefty, and at age 56, am not yet ready to stop shooting.
    Rex G, several folks around here have been shooting .22 rim fires out to 200 yards and beyond. It takes skill and equipment with minimal recoil. One of the guys said it has added 10 years to his enjoyable shooting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    So good, I've taken it twice.

Looks like only one scheduled for 2018 so far...
    Cannot vouch for the class but that is an outstanding facility. Two trips so far to the facility and they have ability to shoot 2000 yards plus. I learned a lot just having access to engage targets at distance and compare 223, 6.5G, 6.5 CM, and 308. It is in middle of nowhere GA.

User Tag List