Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Gen5, G43, and G42 SCDs are now available for pre-order!

Tom, sorry to be a PITA, but any news on a Gen 5 reduced-travel SCD?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by din View Post
    Tom, sorry to be a PITA, but any news on a Gen 5 reduced-travel SCD?
    We have chosen to no longer support aftermarket triggers that reduce so-called “pre-travel”. The reason being that all travel in a Glock trigger is intentional and functional. A reduced pre-travel trigger simply starts with the trigger pre-pulled and the SCD is designed to detect and prevent unintentional trigger movement during holstering. By modifying an SCD to support these aftermarket triggers the “safety margin” is reduced since the trigger, and therefore the SCD, moves less before the striker is released. Fundamentally, so-called reduced pre-travel triggers are devices that I cannot in good conscience support. I know many people like them, and if they provide the desired trigger characteristics for those people they should continue to use them — I just don’t wish for my product to be used in conjunction with them. In the end, the design goals of the two products are antithetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    We have chosen to no longer support aftermarket triggers that reduce so-called “pre-travel”. The reason being that all travel in a Glock trigger is intentional and functional. A reduced pre-travel trigger simply starts with the trigger pre-pulled and the SCD is designed to detect and prevent unintentional trigger movement during holstering. By modifying an SCD to support these aftermarket triggers the “safety margin” is reduced since the trigger, and therefore the SCD, moves less before the striker is released. Fundamentally, so-called reduced pre-travel triggers are devices that I cannot in good conscience support. I know many people like them, and if they provide the desired trigger characteristics for those people they should continue to use them — I just don’t wish for my product to be used in conjunction with them. In the end, the design goals of the two products are antithetical.
    Roger dodger, thanks for the info.

@Tom_Jones, has the COVID19 situation delayed production for the back ordered SCDs? No complaints and I'm sure we'll all understand if it does, just wondering.

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Maybe, not sure yet. SCD production happens in California and the government there shutdown essentially the entire state a couple of days ago. We’ve got a ton of stuff in production and a bunch of parts sent out for heat treat and finish. I’ll know more sometime next week.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    +1, because I expect to like my incoming G44 quite a bit.
    I do like it, and hope an SCD for it is in the works.

Supporting Business taudevgroup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I do like it, and hope an SCD for it is in the works.
    It is, but it won’t be available until close to the end of the year.

Changing the subject, Gen1-4 and G43/43X/48 SCD backorders should ship next week. Sadly it’s going to be an indeterminate while longer for Gen5 parts because of COVID-19 issues.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post

Changing the subject, Gen1-4 and G43/43X/48 SCD backorders should ship next week. Sadly it’s going to be an indeterminate while longer for Gen5 parts because of COVID-19 issues.
    Thanks, Tom!

Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post

Crap. Oh well, totally understandable. Thanks for the update!

User Tag List