Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Gen5, G43, and G42 SCDs are now available for pre-order!

My personal opinion is that companies selling triggers for use in self defense guns should stop monkeying with pre-travel. The pre-travel in a Glock trigger is intentional and functional -- it's not something that some lazy/shitty/inattentive Austrian engineer didn't notice or care about. [/personal opinion]

Wag More; Don't Bark Rich_Jenkins's Avatar
    Tom - Gun is my gamer Gen 5 Glock 19, that will soon have an aftermarket Overwatch Trigger.

I would need the “Gen 5 / Aftermarket Reduced” from the web site, correct?

I may be not working the web site right, but it looks like those are currently ‘unavailable’? If that is indeed correct, by any chance do you have a rough idea of a time line when they might be available?

Thanks!
    "Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now, that strength, which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find; and not to yield." --Tennyson

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I would need the “Gen 5 / Aftermarket Reduced” from the web site, correct?
    Yes, but those currently don’t exist. However, they probably will later this year.

Quote Originally Posted by taudevgroup View Post
    When the SCD is modified to support reduced pre-travel triggers in the G42 and G43, you end up getting much less SCD movement before the striker is released. The less the SCD moves, the less "safety margin" there is to detect and prevent an unintended discharge.

I'm still looking to this and if I can produce an SCD that works with reduced pre-travel triggers in those guns, while offering an adequate safety margin, I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    My personal opinion is that companies selling triggers for use in self defense guns should stop monkeying with pre-travel. The pre-travel in a Glock trigger is intentional and functional -- it's not something that some lazy/shitty/inattentive Austrian engineer didn't notice or care about. [/personal opinion]
    Yanno you could take a 'political' stance by only selling SCD designs that only work with 100% safe as factory intended trigger systems...

Quote Originally Posted by STI View Post
    Yanno you could take a 'political' stance by only selling SCD designs that only work with 100% safe as factory intended trigger systems...
    Don't think that I haven't thought doing just that...

User Tag List