Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RFI is out for CBP's new 9mm pistol

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Good point. There's more than enough money at stake to get the usual competitors to build to the specs outlined. SIG and Beretta already have guns that seem to meet the requirements (assuming the as-yet commercially unreleased sizes of the APX are functional). I would like to see Glock's, HK's, Smith & Wesson's, and FN's submissions when all is said and done.

A Gen5 gun with an MOS slide, front cocking serrations, the ability to mix and match slides and frames from differently sized guns and no mag well cutout would be a lot of people's ideal Glock.
    Between CBP FO, USBP, Air & Marine, various OIG / OPR agents and special investigators there are between 43,000 and 45,000 armed LEO's in CBP so you are looking at about 50,000 pistols with spares, red guns, blue guns etc. In other words, a big enough order to make something new / unique for.

Site Supporter
    Aren't they currently using P2000s?

So...

Surplus P2000s? I'm game.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post

So...

All in 40 though..
    Does Barsto make a 40-9 conversion barrel? Might be a market demand soon..

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Berretta APX ?
    That would be really cool to think Beretta has just been waiting for this moment to show off the modularity if the APX.

Last I heard the various grip modules are vapor ware. But I am hardly in the know. Fingers crossed fo Beretta.

Is there a sub compact APX?
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    All in 40 though..
    Does Barsto make a 40-9 conversion barrel? Might be a market demand soon..
    Hmm. There could be big market 40-9 barrels period, with all the 40 cop guns on the market these days. 40 is a perfectly fine caliber... for whatever reason, I just don't really have interest in it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Is there a sub compact APX?
    I heard they were going to offer different sizes at some point. Might be sooner rather than later...

So...

Don't hold your breath. The Feds are barred from selling them.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Don't hold your breath. The Feds are barred from selling them.
    Does that mean they can not be traded on new pistols as well?

Site Supporter

So...

Will not happen. Just like you won't see surplus G22's from the FBI or P239's from ICE.

Bill Clinton issued an executive order in the mid 1990s which has since been codified in the code of federal regulations (CFR Title 41 §101-42.1102-10(5) (c) ) which limits disposition of surplus federal LE firearms to destruction or transfer to another government agency.

They cannot even let the CBP / USBP Officers and Agents buy them much less sell them to the public. In fact there is an online petition to allow retiring fed LEOs to buy their service weapons and it has gone nowhere.

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/...-their-weapons

Unless congress acts or maybe trump issues a new executive order nullifying the relevant CFR reg those P2000,s are getting destroyed.

User Tag List