Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLP with best anti-wear properties?

CLP with best anti-wear properties?

I don't want a lube-war thread. I don't want emotions. I don't want speculation. I would like facts, or at least data that RESEMBLES a fact. My sole concern is wear reduction of aluminum on phosphated 4140 steel interaction. An example is P226, or Benelli shotgun.

I want a CLP, not a grease.

What CLP out there best meets this criteria/can you quantify this?

The reason for this request/desire is because I am purchasing an NFA Benelli, and the only "real" wear point I have noted on them is the aluminum receiver where the bolt-carrier rails slide. I want to stave off wear as much as humanly possible, as this is the registered part, and I can replace anything but this without paperwork.

This thread is not about mud slinging or who sued who. I just want the best product for my purposes, and a technical/data based explanation or demonstration of why.

Liberty publishes test results. Don't know what other companies do. https://www.libertygunlube.com/colle...icant-clp-1-oz

"D" numbers are ASTM standards: https://www.astm.org/Standards/D4172.htm

No association with Liberty, never used it.

When you say CLP are you looking for something to do all three, clean, lube, and protect, or really just a gun lube?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    When you say CLP are you looking for something to do all three, clean, lube, and protect, or really just a gun lube?
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean a liquid lubricant that will mitigate wear and protect against corrosion, so more of an "LP".

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Liberty publishes test results. Don't know what other companies do. https://www.libertygunlube.com/colle...icant-clp-1-oz

"D" numbers are ASTM standards: https://www.astm.org/Standards/D4172.htm

No association with Liberty, never used it.
    Wow. If that data isn't cooked, that's legit impressive!!! Thankyou!

If it were my gun, I would use a combination of oil and grease. I’ve had great results with Lucas and also with Weaponshield.

Both of their oils “CLP”.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    WeaponShield had some convincing YouTube videos in which they test different oils for lube function. I think BreakFree cleans better, but after the guns are clean, now I lube with WeaponShield.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

The Liberty numbers on our website are all legit. When we have our mixtures made, they are tested independently to ASTM standards. I purposely decided to publish all numbers so that the product speaks for itself, as opposed to "ours is better than theirs" lube wars. My daughter shoots a lot of Multigun and we have been sponsoring a lot of big matches from the ProGun Club in Vegas and up through the mountain states. I get a lot of great feedback from end users on the lubricity of the product, as well as it's ability to stay in place. I would recommend our CLP for general lubrication of wear points, and wiping down metal surfaces. I would use our Chem-X grease on lugs, sear mating surfaces, etc. I think if you give it a try, you won't be sorry that you did. We are running a coupon for the rest of the month for a 15% discount off of your shopping cart. It is " Christmas 2017 " Shipping is a flat $3 on all orders under $50 and free above that.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    The Liberty numbers on our website are all legit. When we have our mixtures made, they are tested independently to ASTM standards. I purposely decided to publish all numbers so that the product speaks for itself, as opposed to "ours is better than theirs" lube wars. My daughter shoots a lot of Multigun and we have been sponsoring a lot of big matches from the ProGun Club in Vegas and up through the mountain states. I get a lot of great feedback from end users on the lubricity of the product, as well as it's ability to stay in place. I would recommend our CLP for general lubrication of wear points, and wiping down metal surfaces. I would use our Chem-X grease on lugs, sear mating surfaces, etc. I think if you give it a try, you won't be sorry that you did. We are running a coupon for the rest of the month for a 15% discount off of your shopping cart. It is " Christmas 2017 " Shipping is a flat $3 on all orders under $50 and free above that.
    Does the product have any chlorinated anything? Does it have "ep" type addaives? Is it biobased?

What is the shelf life? How volatile is it (CTM, 24 hour 25*C)?
    Out of curiosity, what is the TBN?
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-13-2017 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Does the product have any chlorinated anything? Does it have "ep" type addaives? Is it biobased?

What is the shelf life? How volatile is it (CTM, 24 hour 25*C)?
    Out of curiosity, what is the TBN?
    There are no chlorinated solvents, etc in any of our products. The Chem-X grease uses nano particles of Tungsten disulfide as an EP additive, negating some of the less desirable effects other EP additives have. We didn't bother with CTM or the TBN, as they are used for different industries. Truthfully, I don't know what the shelf life is off of the top of my head. The CLP is synthetic based with petroleum additives and the Grease is LiX based and has some petroleum additives as well. I tend to give out far more info than most of our competitors, but it can be an endless stream of info beyond the needs of the application at hand.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

User Tag List