Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CLP with best anti-wear properties?

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    There are no chlorinated solvents, etc in any of our products. The Chem-X grease uses nano particles of Tungsten disulfide as an EP additive, negating some of the less desirable effects other EP additives have. We didn't bother with CTM or the TBN, as they are used for different industries. Truthfully, I don't know what the shelf life is off of the top of my head. The CLP is synthetic based with petroleum additives and the Grease is LiX based and has some petroleum additives as well. I tend to give out far more info than most of our competitors, but it can be an endless stream of info beyond the needs of the application at hand.
    Thanks a ton! You've been very transparent and it sounds like a great product. I will try it. Does the clp have any ep? Also, any solvents that evaporate, or Not? If so, how long doe they take to evaporate typically, and if used before they do, is performance compromised or different ?

Also, anecdotally, have any high round count aluminum frame (sig) steel slide pistols been shot out with it , and if so, how was frame wear compared to other products? My application is 4140 steel on 7075 t6 type 3ano aluminum.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-13-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Don't make the guy type more to sell a few ounces of lube to you

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Thanks a ton! You've been very transparent and it sounds like a great product. I will try it. Does the clp have any ep? Also, any solvents that evaporate, or Not? If so, how long doe they take to evaporate typically, and if used before they do, is performance compromised or different ?

Also, anecdotally, have any high round count aluminum frame (sig) steel slide pistols been shot out with it , and if so, how was frame wear compared to other products? My application is 4140 steel on 7075 t6 type 3ano aluminum.
    The CLP uses ZDDP. There are no solvents that will evaporate, but I do suggest shaking before use, as you will get a little separation in the bottle. As far as I know, no one has shot out an Ally frame with it yet. Of course in 3gun, a lot of the receivers in shotguns are aluminum as well as the AR's. My daughter also uses it on her on all of hr polymer, aluminum and steel framed guns. No problems with super high round counts. The feedback from other sponsored shooters is the same. Some of these guys put way more ammo down range than I can afford, lol. The other issue we have here is the frigging moon dust that creeps into the guns. It turns to a paste and with other oils starts to bind guns up, especially during the summer. LL hasn't had a problem as of yet. When we were in Vegas for the Safariland Expedition Multigun match, we were shooting in 117-123F temps. I would think you would be fine. The other advantage we have is that we try to price our products as disposable items, which they are. There are a lot of lube products on the market that are fine, but you are paying boutique prices for stuff that is just ok. Not my business philosophy.
    Last edited by JRCHolsters; 12-13-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

The CLP uses ZDDP. There are no solvents that will evaporate, but I do suggest shaking before use, as you will get a little separation in the bottle. As far as I know, no one has shot out an Ally frame with it yet. Of course in 3gun, a lot of the receivers in shotguns are aluminum as well as the AR's. My daughter also uses it on her on all of hr polymer, aluminum and steel framed guns. No problems with super high round counts. The feedback from other sponsored shooters is the same. Some of these guys put way more ammo down range than I can afford, lol. The other issue we have here is the frigging moon dust that creeps into the guns. It turns to a paste and with other oils starts to bind guns up, especially during the summer. LL hasn't had a problem as of yet. When we were in Vegas for the Safariland Expedition Multigun match, we were shooting in 117-123F temps. I would think you would be fine. The other advantage we have is that we try to price our products as disposable items, which they are. There are a lot of lube products on the market that are fine, but you are paying boutique prices for stuff that is just ok. Not my business philosophy.
    Thanks! I'll pick some of the grease up for can pin etc as well.

I really wish every lube manufacturer would publish true cost to buy and blend and produce (not counting start up machinery) for their product. That would be interesting indeed!!!

Do you recommend "running wet" like slip 2000 and pat Rogers, or wiping it off like some others?
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 12-13-2017 at 06:24 PM.

This data vindicates the use of ZDDP in aluminum and steel interfaces. However, uniquely , it also provides quantifiable reasons why randomly mixing crap in your garage can produce a sum worse than it's individuals. It's a great read for those who are interested.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...G44EgZVgKPa20g

We all have different business models. I see durable and disposable items. Cleaning stuff is disposable, holsters should be durable, LOL.
    I am a proponent of running wet, especially when dusty and gritty. People who run dry guns in dusty environments just end up with dry dusty guns. This has been proven to me out in the desert time and again. I have seen multigun competitors really blow a match because they were afraid to run a gun wet.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

We all have different business models. I see durable and disposable items. Cleaning stuff is disposable, holsters should be durable, LOL.
    I am a proponent of running wet, especially when dusty and gritty. People who run dry guns in dusty environments just end up with dry dusty guns. This has been proven to me out in the desert time and again. I have seen multigun competitors really blow a match because they were afraid to run a gun wet.
    I agree, but some manufacturers recommend you run only a thin film, why I asked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I agree, but some manufacturers recommend you run only a thin film, why I asked.
    Just keep in mind that lots of the manufacturer recommendation on lube is from a bunch of non-shooting Engineering Depts. If it's a serious gun, run it wet. My not so politically correct statement is that your serious gun is like a high speed redhead...runs best wet.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Just keep in mind that lots of the manufacturer recommendation on lube is from a bunch of non-shooting Engineering Depts. If it's a serious gun, run it wet. My not so politically correct statement is that your serious gun is like a high speed redhead...runs best wet.
    Damn you, Wayne. I've got a weakness for a certain sorta gal and that image is gonna be in my head the rest of the day...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List