Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't find reliable g43 magazine extension.

I would take the mags apart, clean them, and put them back to stock. Do the same to the pistol. Run a couple hundred rounds through it jut to rule out any other issues. Then try the extensions again and see what happens.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Can't find reliable g43 magazine extension.

I only have used the Vickers +2 base pads, but I have yet to have a malf on 2 mags with those installed. They came with a stronger spring, and have functioned flawlessly with junk aluminum case 115, 147 gr polymer tipped reloads, 147 federal hst, 147 hornady custom, and 124 American Eagle. In fact, my 43 passed the 2,000 round challenge with factory magazines and Vickers +2 base pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Seth_yg; 12-14-2017 at 09:24 PM.

I've had flawless results with Vickers +2s and Ghost +2s. Results with Taran +1s and +2s were underwhelming, even after they released their longer spring...

https://www.strikeindustries.com/sho...-glock-43.html

This has worked well for me to date with no issues, but I truthfully carry / shoot the G19 far more than the G43.

G43 AIWB in a minimalist tuckable claw holster is about as ‘light’ as I go these days. The extended mag improves my shooting a bit.

Name:  1886B49F-0D39-43C8-A31D-DCDCEB710170.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  25.0 KB
    Last edited by GuanoLoco; 12-16-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

The often discussed fact that Glocks use the magazine spring pressure to assist ejection in addition to feed is why I personally do not use anything except unaltered Glock factory magazines.
    YMMV
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Before taking NRA Def Pistol this past Sept, I fit my factory mags with Magguts which gave me two TT +2, two poly (unknown) +2, and six factory w/ new guts. During the class I had one of the poly give me an issue while racking the slide on an emergency reload (required for CoF), but that took me to a sub 90% on the FBI exam. I have since had one time while training when a Magguts mag locked open with one left in the mag. My TT have been without issue, and I've used them all about equally for around 1k rounds while I've owned the firearm.

Went to the range for more testing of my extension and I think I may have discovered the issue. The spring on my slide release is bent out of shape and was detached from the slide release. I suspect that may have been causing the problems as I was getting random slide lock on every mag I tried, not everytime but enough to be an issue. I couldn't get the spring back in place, it looked like it was stretched out out of shape as you can see, so I just ordered another one given they're pretty cheap. My hope is that is what was causing the problem but won't know for sure until I get a new one and try it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Update: Since I replace the slide release and spring, I was able to put 350 rounds down range today with zero issues with any of my mag extensions. Also added the 9 round ETS mag and that performed as all the others did. So far things work well and will continue to test, but at this point feeling much more confident with the mag extensions. Also ran a box of HST 124g JHP along with some of my plinking ammo and all is good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've been running two of my mags with the Vickers Tango Down +2's and I've yet to have a malf with either of them.
    +2
    These have worked for both my wife and I (we both have 43's)

I've used TT+2 with the extra power spring. I've left the mag full 24/7 when not training with it. It's worked for almost 18 months now. For EDC mags I change my springs out every 12 months to avoid problems that might occur at the worst possible time.
    What you do right before you know you're going to be in a use of force incident, often determines the outcome of that use of force.

User Tag List