Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can't find reliable g43 magazine extension.

Site Supporter
    My Vickers +2s have not been reliable in 8+1 setup. They have been in 7+1.
    Adam

Site Supporter
    "Fact of life, little 9 mm pistols are less reliable than compact and full size models. Don’t try to make a 43 into something it is not."

Quoted for Platinum Standard tactical Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Voodoo man, I know you tend to do a lot of testing with gear/equipment, about how many rounds have you shot through those? Thx
    I've got around 2500 through the gun, and those rounds were exclusively shot with one OEM mag and these two ETS mags. I am not going to do the math, but yeah, more than a few hundred.

No issues which could be attributed to the mags.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

The Tango Down/Vickers extensions have worked well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DI1 View Post
    The Tango Down/Vickers extensions have worked well for me.
    Me too, around 500 so far with no issues. I do only use them as 8 round reload mags, not 8+1. The Pearce +1 work 100% for me as 7+1.

I'm a pretty high volume 43 shooter. After initial testing I/we decided to stick with the 6 round capacity and a Pearce +0 pinky extension.

Over 6K rounds through two 43s, no mag trouble.

Carry at least two spares.

I've been running the Pearce +1's on my mags for the 43's since I bought them. I've got over 5.5k through the one of the guns with 6 different mags and have never had so much as a hiccup. Pearce +1's have been as reliable as a factory mag. I am very happy with them. Man it would be awesome though to have a factory 12 round option for a spare.

I don't have a ton of rounds through my 43, maybe 700, but I've used OEM, OEM with Pearce +1, and OEM with the Vickers/Tango Down +2, (I have 2 of each setup), an equal # of each magazine through the gun, and to date my 43 is my only Glock that has never malfunctioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismas316 View Post
    Looking for a back up magazine extension that is reliable for the 43. I have tried magguts and have had issues with failure to feed and the slide locking back prematurely. I have also tried the taran tactical +1,+2, and +3 and had the same issues with the +2 & +3 extensions. So far the +1 hasn't had problems but not real confident with the tt at this point. These failures happened around the 250 - 300 round mark for these, ammo was blazer brass 124g and I think either aguila 115g or FM 124g.

Very disappointed with these as they certainly aren't cheap. Thinking about vickers tangodown or maybe the ets mags, but hesitant to keep spending money on options that aren't reliable. I do have a Pearce + 1 on the way, but again, would like a bit more capacity for a back up mag. I suspect that with the 43, the 6 round oem is safest bet for reliability at this point, but thought I may give one more shot at an extended mag option before I call it a day on these. Any suggestions on what you've found as reliable options are appreciated.
    How many rounds have you put through the pistol without mag extensions? Any issues with the mags in stock form?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    How many rounds have you put through the pistol without mag extensions? Any issues with the mags in stock form?
    I would say at least 500 with just the oem mags before I tried out the extended versions. As I mentioned, I had around 250+ with the extensions before the issues stared to arise and it seemed to become more prevalent once it started.

User Tag List