Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can't find reliable g43 magazine extension.

Can't find reliable g43 magazine extension.

Looking for a back up magazine extension that is reliable for the 43. I have tried magguts and have had issues with failure to feed and the slide locking back prematurely. I have also tried the taran tactical +1,+2, and +3 and had the same issues with the +2 & +3 extensions. So far the +1 hasn't had problems but not real confident with the tt at this point. These failures happened around the 250 - 300 round mark for these, ammo was blazer brass 124g and I think either aguila 115g or FM 124g.

Very disappointed with these as they certainly aren't cheap. Thinking about vickers tangodown or maybe the ets mags, but hesitant to keep spending money on options that aren't reliable. I do have a Pearce + 1 on the way, but again, would like a bit more capacity for a back up mag. I suspect that with the 43, the 6 round oem is safest bet for reliability at this point, but thought I may give one more shot at an extended mag option before I call it a day on these. Any suggestions on what you've found as reliable options are appreciated.

Both ets 9 and 12 round mags I have for the 43 work without issues so far.

Last edited by voodoo_man; 12-13-2017 at 07:15 AM.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I've been running two of my mags with the Vickers Tango Down +2's and I've yet to have a malf with either of them.

Did the Taran Tactical +2 and +3 come with the 10% spring? Did you contact them about a replacement? In the research I’ve done on extensions for the G43 TT seems to have the best reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hands down the most reliable G43 mag extension I've found is a G26.
    I gave up on finding a reliable extended magazine for my wife's G43 and she just went with either a PPS loaded 8+1 or a G26 loaded 10+1 or 12+1.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

My TT +1 and +2 have worked for a couple years so far.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Fact of life, little 9 mm pistols are less reliable than compact and full size models. Don’t try to make a 43 into something it is not.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I've had no issues at all with my Taran tactical +1 or the +3, the +3 came with the new spring. Just over 1000 rounds through them (combined)

What ammo are you using? Or is it across the board?

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Did the Taran Tactical +2 and +3 come with the 10% spring? Did you contact them about a replacement? In the research I’ve done on extensions for the G43 TT seems to have the best reputation.

Yes, I emailed them today but haven't heard back, will call them if not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Fact of life, little 9 mm pistols are less reliable than compact and full size models. Don’t try to make a 43 into something it is not.
    I hear you but having a backup mag with a bit more capacity I don't think is asking to much. The 43 fills a specific need for suit carry for me or just deeper concealment. I have the shield as well and have gone to that in scenario, but while the specs aren't that much different, the 43 just fits that need for me perfect from a smaller option that is reliable (at least with the oem mags)

My main edc is the g19 so just wanting to keep the same platform for all my uses.

Voodoo man, I know you tend to do a lot of testing with gear/equipment, about how many rounds have you shot through those? Thx
    Last edited by Dismas316; 12-13-2017 at 11:30 AM.

User Tag List