Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Great Miracle Happened There

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Note....the Temple was retaken from Greeks, and not from "Palestinians".
    Well, one can always hope . . . .

I am laughing at all my brothers in blue posting. My grandmother always said.."good Jewish boys don't become policeman". She always said that came from my mothers side with all the Gentile policemen. Grandma used to tell people that her grandson was "in law" and just left out the "enforcement" part. She was secretly proud though, and called me her "policemench".

We use a Menorah she gave me before she died. It was a gift from a realtor who sold her house before she moved into a retirement home around the corner from me. She gave it to me so that nobody would know she was Jewish at the new place because she didn't want to be thrown out if they found out she was Jewish. We never went to temple, because grandma said you don't go to Temple because "they" know the Jews are there. While a bit humorous, it was always a reminder that I came from A line of people targeted for slaughter because of their faith. It is a strong motivator to have an epic level of hatred for oppressors. Toss in the Scot/Cornish DNA on mom's side and it should make sense why I pretty much hate the world.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-14-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

DB, with your bloodline, one would have thought you'd be a bit more thrifty. (Then again, I should have been an accountant with an ice pick but ended up the black sheep among certain elements of the extended Sicilian family.)

I was surprised by just how many members of the tribe populate the rolls of federal, state and local law enforcement. Someone must've been keeping it a secret.

Oh, and btw, my (Sicilian Catholic) wife brings out my late paternal grandmother's menorah every year during the holidays and faithfully puts the candles in each night, from right to left.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Chag Sameach everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    DB, with your bloodline, one would have thought you'd be a bit more thrifty. (Then again, I should have been an accountant with an ice pick but ended up the black sheep among certain elements of the extended Sicilian family.)

I was surprised by just how many members of the tribe populate the rolls of federal, state and local law enforcement. Someone must've been keeping it a secret.

Oh, and btw, my (Sicilian Catholic) wife brings out my late paternal grandmother's menorah every year during the holidays and faithfully puts the candles in each night, from right to left.
    Growing up with my dad and grandmother......I am in mass rebellion on the thrifty thing. I love working a deal, always looking for a value, and tend to buy with long term investment as the goal......but I also learned from the other side of the family that you can't take it with you and there is nothing wrong with buying high quality things that last and are heirloom quality.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List