Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bullets forward vs. bullets out mag pouches?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    For me, the performance difference in position between BO and trad, is not enough to outweigh commonality with my EDC mag position. What is important to me, is that the mag pouches are cut down enough to give me a good grip on the magazine. For that, I really like Blade-Tech competition mag pouches.

Attachment 28877
    What holster is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    What holster is that?
    Looks Bladetech.

Last week I broke 2 sec for a live standing reload out of pouch #5 for the first time. Not a mind boggling achievement but a pretty big deal for this B class shooter. I don't care bullets in or out from the first or second pouch but once I go way around the back, bullets out is a no contest for me.

I understand that the above was written in a language foreign to CO, Limited or IPSC shooters.
    Last edited by YVK; 08-09-2018 at 06:34 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Saw that this old thread popped up again. I started it, so figured I'd give an update. I've stayed bullets out for the most part. I did go back to bullets forward for a month or so in the late spring, but realized that I really do like BO better and it is faster.

One thing I did have to do was modify the pouches a bit. With the BO position I would often put pressure against the tension plate/spring and drag it out of the pouch with the mag. This didn't happen with BF, but did with BO and was a pain leaving the plate and spring on the ground somewhere in the middle of a field course stage. I solved the issue by drilling a small hole at the bottom of the plate and looping a very thin zip tie through it and around the pouch mount. This and a bit of Armor All on the plate to reduce friction did the trick. (I mainly mention this as I heard a guy write in with the same issue on one of the Triangle Tactical Podcasts)

I am going to get a 5th pouch soon as I was recently at a match were I though I might need it. The re-loads worked out okay, but it made me decide that I was going to get one. I'm thinking that from that far back No. 5 will be BF.

User Tag List