Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bannon & Roy Moore

There is no such thing as a “populist-conservative” movement. Yes, there are populists who mistakenly think they are conservative and actual conservatives who voted with the populists simply to defeat the lizard queen last year. Maybe some of those conservatives will stick with Trump in 2020 if the Dems are stupid enough to do what @JodyH says and nominate someone as detestable as Warren. Then again, maybe not if you consider the opinion polling in AL having Trump pegged at just 46% approval.

Finally, the character of leaders absolutely influences what they do in office. Virtually EVERY organization that trains leaders lists character as a key attribute for effectiveness. Trump’s character is a big reason why many of you will be paying 30% higher healthcare premiums in 2018. I’d have thought that 16 years of Clinton-Obama polices would have settled that misguided notion.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-13-2017 at 05:29 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Site Supporter
    Jody is correct about Moore. He was a goofball at best, but I will take a goofball any day over a leftist.

Sensei you are right about character influencing voters. I just don't think it should. What they do in office policy wise is much more important to me than most of their skeletons are.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    By having a wrecking ball smash the national GOP and Democrats to rubble and rebuilding them from the state level up.
    Right now... that wrecking ball is named Trump and he's doing a pretty damn good job of Godzilla stomping his way through both parties at the national level.

6 months ago who'd have dreamed that the misogynist gun aimed at Trump would misfire and shoot both Al Franken and John Conyers in the head?
    How has Trump smashed either Party establishment? That is manifest in what result we can list here?

Who wrote the tax bill? Establishment and K Street. It's not simplified worth a shit. It's just basic Republican evolutionary. Which is OK but not how they campaign.

He is disturbing the hell out of folks in DC. I don't see that he's destroyed anything of import but the dignity of the office. But the office did need to be taken down 10 pegs so that Jacksonian thing is ok as far as I care.

My brother was saying the same thing. "In addition to destroying the Democrat and GOP establishment . . . " WHERE? HOW? WHAT? By extending DACA? (which is inevitable btw)

Is my cable out?
    Last edited by JHC; 12-13-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    So you prefer jones over Moore?
    What Roy Moore did to kick start his political career was no different to me than a judge putting up a plaque of Sharia Laws in a government courthouse. I want all Americans to be free to worship how they want with no mention of God or religion coming from government period. Moore was removed from office for refusing a lawful order to take down the Ten Commandments when he lost his court case.

I did not vote for the man, but I'll take two years of Jones, despite the fact it might cost some political setbacks. Why? Because I hope the loss encourages the Republican Party to run candidates that drop some of the "culture war" posturing that both sides use to distract Americans from real actual issues.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-13-2017 at 06:02 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    What Roy Moore did to kick start his political career was no different to me than a judge putting up a plaque of Sharia Laws in a government courthouse. I want all Americans to be free to worship how they want with no mention of God or religion coming from government period. Moore was removed from office for refusing a lawful order to take down the Ten Commandments when he lost his court case.

I did not vote for the man, but I'll take two years of Jones, despite the fact it might cost some political setbacks. Why? Because I hope the loss encourages the Republican Party to run candidates that drop some of the "culture war" posturing that both sides use to distract Americans from real actual issues.
    Exactly.

I may have been unwilling to abstain from voting for Trump, but Moores loss makes the point at a smaller cost.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

CWM11B
    @Sensei Question, as I don't know, but how is Trump responsible for the hike? I'm not aware of anything that has changed regarding the ACA.

If the GOP really cared they'd use this to start a movement to repeal the Seventeenth Amendment.

Ironically, it was implemented in Alabama before it went nationwide.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

It's not exactly the same thing as the Sharia example. I am guessing you and our founders would have had very different views on things.

At least you admit you prefer the democrat. So many people who were conservative and would not vote for Trump would not admit they were helping the left and Hillary.

I'm not from Alabama but when i looked into it i'm OK with Doug Jones. He's a hunter and when asked about gun control he said he wants to enforce the laws we already have. Then again i'm a radical centrist so my views may be slanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbidbattlecry View Post
    I'm not from Alabama but when i looked into it i'm OK with Doug Jones. He's a hunter and when asked about gun control he said he wants to enforce the laws we already have. Then again i'm a radical centrist so my views may be slanted.
    I just wish these guys would vote for what they are supposed to...benefit to their States and that States constituency. Like the Dem senators from Montana and West Virginia he will vote the way Pelosi and Schummer wants for their San Francisco’s and NY progressive agenda. He ll be just fine with a “assault weapons” ban, cuz no Fudd needs one to hunt....and he is a hunter.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-13-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List