Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Steve Bannon & Roy Moore

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    This has, of course, been debated for ages by minds much greater than our own.)
    In my case that ain't a high bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    I do not buy it. The primary voters picked a wack job who was literally kicked off the bench Twice, and who apparently likes to wave a revolver around. Plus he was wearing a cowboy hat. Only people from Texas, the Southwest, and Norte Mexico can wear a cowboy hat.

They can't spin their way out of nominating a wackjob pedophile and trying to justify with insane Bible references that are just wrong.
    I was talking less about Moore (and Trump) and more the party in general, over the last several years. Think back to the Obamacare debacle, and the supposed "war on women". Or just about any gun rights issue (one could say the same for most 2A-supporting organizations). Or taxes. Economics. Immigration.

All they can manage to do is spit out the standard traditional talking points, and when the left comes out with cries of racist/sexist/(fill in the blank)ist, or you hate (group), as they inevitably do... the Republicans have nothing. They know it's coming and they do nothing about it. They don't fire back with anything but "am not!"

And then, of course, if they somehow manage to win an election, too often they stand there like the dog that just caught the car. They have no ability to execute. It's like they're scared of upsetting the Democrats...

Own goals like Moore are another matter. How in the hell he even made it into the primary is beyond me.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by gtae07 View Post
    Own goals like Moore are another matter. How in the hell he even made it into the primary is beyond me.
    GOP's version of identity politics: "I'm more conservative than the other candidate."

How in the hell he even made it into the primary is beyond me.
    Here let me help . There was a crowed Republican Primary in AL a few months ago that contained some candidates who were conservative, moderate, establishment, and then there was a clown. The conservative, moderates, etc. couldn’t keep up with the clown who was sucking all of the media oxygen from the race since the liberal talking heads wanted to serve his dumb ass up on a platter in the general election. This should be sounding familiar by now, by the way.

So, when it came time for the elections, the reputable candidates divided the votes leaving the clown with a plurality of Republican support in the early elections. This was mainly due to the clown’s fanatical core of supporters who were more concerned with sending a message to those who they blame for their life’s predicament, rather than advancing a conservative agenda. I know, I know the deja vu is killing me too.

Unfortunately for this clown, he was running against a reputable candidate instead of a corrupt hag in the general election. So, homie got his ass handed to him.
    Last edited by Sensei; 12-14-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

"So then his wife says that they had a 'Jew' lawyer and I'm like, 'Duh!'...I think you got a little bit more than that, lady! Seriously, you can't make this stuff up."
    Last edited by blues; 12-14-2017 at 08:32 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Here let me help . There was a crowed Republican Primary in AL a few months ago that contained some candidates who were conservative, moderate, establishment, and then there was a clown. The conservative, moderates, etc. couldn’t keep up with the clown who was sucking all of the media oxygen from the race since the liberal talking heads wanted to serve his dumb ass up on a platter in the general election. This should be sounding familiar by now, by the way.

So, when it came time for the elections, the reputable candidates divided the votes leaving the clown with a plurality of Republican support in the early elections. This was mainly due to the clown’s fanatical core of supporters who were more concerned with sending a message to those who they blame for their life’s predicament, rather than advancing a conservative agenda. I know, I know the deja vu is killing me too.

Unfortunately for this clown, he was running against a reputable candidate instead of a corrupt hag in the general election. So, homie got his ass handed to him.
    Expect to see more of this in the future.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Somehow the word "parable" comes to mind...
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    And then, of course, if they somehow manage to win an election, too often they stand there like the dog that just caught the car. They have no ability to execute. It's like they're scared of upsetting the Democrats...
    I honestly think they prefer to be the minority party. Don't have to deliver anything, just stand there and obstruct the other side when they can and howl when the other team have enough people to run roughshod over the minority party. That way they can shout about "fighting the big government meanies" and "standing up for conservative values" on your way to cigars and scotch with the other big government hacks.

Better for fundraising too.

Throw in some DNC voters in the primaries and you have the perfect storm of GOP stupid. This is why the clown car primaries need to stop for the GOP or any other conservative effort.

User Tag List