Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry advocate

Open carry advocate

This guy is the perfect spokesman for open carry.

I'm starting to think that censoring the internet and keeping people from "sharing knowledge" on youtube would be a good thing.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Eventually this guy is going to shoot his left hand. Think that will change the tone of his opinions?
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

Open carry yay!

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Without doubt, I do not have the patience to be an officer.

But sir, there's no ordinance.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

I couldn't watch more than 2 minutes of either video.

This is how I felt after the first video:
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Handled well by the boys, but I kinda wished they would have hooked him up. Douchebag might have beat the charge, but he wouldn't beat the ride.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I just emailed SouthNarc and told him that the MUC presentation needs to be amended post haste to include "Hey buddy, you shouldn't rob me."

As for the second vid...well...there's a right way to advocate for rights and freedoms that leaves a positive impression with those who see it. I mean, there's a reason why civil rights marchers held hands and sang "We Shall Overcome" in the face of ignorant savages blasting them with fire hoses rather than, say, hurling obscenities and throwing rocks. It left no doubt as to which group was really the problem.

If you're going to carry a gun to prove a point or to be some sort of self-appointed ambassador for "freedom", for the love of God don't be a ***CENSORED*** about it. Be a good ambassador. This means behaving in a polite, professional manner with everyone you interact with. Including the police. Believe it or not, most police officers are inclined to sympathize with the citizen who is interested in self defense. In their time on the job they've figured out that when bad things go down people are on their own. Police organizations in the last 10 or so years have become much less anti-gun, and even very pro-gun in many instances as concealment laws have been liberalized and no blood has run in the streets. When interacting with a police officer you bear some responsibility to try and give the officer a positive impression by behaving in a polite, professional manner. You do this because you want the next person lawfully carrying that the officer interacts with to benefit from a positive precedent you set with the officer, not suffer because he mistakes them for the same breed of flaming douchebag that you turned out to be.

Behaving like a boor while openly armed does not make you a champion of freedom: It makes you a boor with a handgun. You may get high fives from dudes on the internet who are on disability for dubious reasons and haven't been touched by a woman in 10 years or so, but you're really not striking any bold blows for freedom. Instead, how about putting away the cheez-whiz stained t-shirt, making sure you smell nice, and then try being the nice, polite, well-groomed gentleman who behaved in a perfectly sane and reasonable way and just happened to have a pistol on? Behaving like a sane person makes people less afraid of the fact that you're carrying a firearm. Behaving like a loon makes people more afraid of it.

If you want to protect your community, lots of police departments have reserve programs. Get in reasonable shape and sign up. You'll be protecting the community in pretty short order. Running around looking for an opportunity to be a douchebag to people who aren't really bothering you isn't protecting the community...it's just being an annoying douchebag.

So, yeah. That would be my advice.

Love,

TCinVA
    VCDL Member for 10 years
    NRA Member
    Open Carry Advocate
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-25-2012 at 09:32 PM.

My tolerance for open carry advocates at this time is nil.

User Tag List