Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robar/Wilson GPs on GB

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    That's a fairly ridiculous price for whats essentially a Wiley Clapp with an NP3 finish. Frankly, the triggerpulls on stock GP100s are pretty decent these days, so I'm not so sure that the replacement springs are all that necessary. Another question I have is whether the springs are actually produced and/or specced by Wilson Combat, or are simply re-branded Wolffs.

Not necessarily a bad package per se, but they're jumping shark at that price in my opinion.

Best, Jon
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I agree that the price isn’t great for what you get and the advertisement is definitely misleading. Calling the gun a Wilson Combat GP100 isn’t cool since it’s simply a factory gun with a Wilson spring kit and some Wilson medallions in the grips installed. I just love anything NP3d. It would be a whole lot cheaper just to by a Wiley Clapp GP100 and send it off to be NP3d. They still look pretty though.
    To be fair, they do state that the guns have action tuning by Robar as well. Add the sights and finish work, and I don’t these as being especially overpriced. Now, whether anyone needs one of these over a WC is another issue.

Quote Originally Posted by CWM11B View Post
    I wouldn't buy one of these based solely on the derp in the description. It speaks volumes to me about who I'd be dealing with. Methinks those guns will be doing much of their "layaway" duty on the stockroom shelf
    Look at the seller, guys: Rocke Guns. The same fellers that created an HK416 "SEAL Deployment Package" (with matching USG engravings!) and all types of other "package deals" that seem have an extra 5 USD tacked on to the price for every word they put in their descriptions. Check out more stupid shit they sell here: http://rockeguns.com/product-categor...ges/?showall=1

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    This is the Wilson wheelgun that us Wilson fanboys aficionados are searching for:

I remember those being a thing when Alex was at WC doing their wheelguns. That dude could make you want a 625 pretty bad too.
    Ignore Alien Orders

I thought Vic Tibbets built these. About 100 of them, IIRC

Site Supporter
    Tell me more about the defective front sight dovetail. I want to buy a Wiley Clapp GP100. What should I be looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Poconnor View Post
    Tell me more about the defective front sight dovetail. I want to buy a Wiley Clapp GP100. What should I be looking for?
    A gap between the front sight and the barrel.

Site Supporter
    Is Rocke guns the same group from this thread I posted a while back?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-on-Gunbroker

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Is Rocke guns the same group from this thread I posted a while back?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....s-on-Gunbroker
    Not sure, but if you go to their website and look at the guns, there's more Derp than one can stand. Seriously, the company logo should be a Derpasorous Rex.

I’ve met the owner of Rocke at Robar. My gist is he builds guns for very rich folks who want “SEAL” stuff and have the means to have someone build them. From what I have seen in the past, he spares no expense and puts together well spec’d packages geared to those who can afford to do Tactical Band camp at a level most of us can not afford. Those Ruger’s are nice, all the right stuff done and priced for what all that stuff costs plus the outlay to pay for all of it and wait for them to sell. Half the fun for me is specifying the build for bespoke guns made for me. Others like to simply run a card.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I read the fine print on the Wilson/Robar GP100. Rocke puts these together as one of their packages. Wilson in this case refers to a Wilson spring kit, grips with Wilson logo, and a Wilson storage bag. Robar refers to the fact that Robar plated the revolvers. Mention was made that some pistols originated in Louisiana. Lipsey's the giant Ruger distributor there probably shipped them to Arizona. Mention was made that Wilson spring kits were shipped from Arkansas. Anyone interested can read the fine print at the bottom of the Gunbroker post. I fail to understand the intent of the narrative, which is verbose but imparts little useful information. This last statement is an observation and a criticism.
    I've seen them selling other guns (Glocks, S&W 5946s) at highly marked up prices.... not sure if I would ever buy from them.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-13-2017 at 08:39 PM.

User Tag List