Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Robar/Wilson GPs on GB

Robar/Wilson GPs on GB

These are not cheap, but I’ll throw the link up here anyways, because I know this sort of thing will get some P-F tails wagging:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/726147349

You’re welcome. Good luck explaining this wheelie buy to your spouse.

Those are gorgeous. Sadly, I failed to win the powerball again this month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    That's cool... but that price = nope.

No way

Man, I think the price is good for what the buyer gets. Having the work done on a WC to bring it to the same level would be comparable.

That said, I am sadly not in a position to be moving 2-3 other handguns to fulfill my “Michael Valentine" fantasies. I think it’s a killer looking wheelie though.

Beautiful. And thankfully, way outside the limits of my budget.

Site Supporter
    For the man who routinely buys luxury cars and trucks, high dollar watches, and has plenty of disposable income, buying one makes sense. Why? He already has the habit of blowing money so why not buy a high grade revolver if he is a shooter. When does a guy discover that such a handgun is not a good deal financially? When he tries to sell or trade it. That's when the nut cutting(his)starts. One fact that many do not factor when purchasing special run handguns is this. If it's a Ruger and a part breaks and the owner sends it back to the factory, Ruger will return it with all factory spec parts installed. So if it's a Wilson/Robar project, who then warranties what and for how long? I'm in no way detracting from this product but merely pointing out questions that a prospective buyer should ask. Other questions might be: Have these revolvers been test fired to check for point of aim impact and possible light strikes? At this price they should be.

Wow. Thanks for posting, even though it'll just be an FYI for me.
    I wasn't patient enough to read that really long description on the Gunbroker page. At a glance, it should be a great gun to carry & shoot.

Right now, I'm considering a Kimber K6S as a present to myself, but $1700+ is over my personally-imposed limit. I've already spent that much and more on a single firearm (Guncrafter Industries 1911 and a Springfield-Armory M1A, among others that have gotten up there after modding/fixing them) and I barely get around to using them. If only I didn't already have 5 revolvers which I don't carry/shoot much, that custom GP100 Ruger-Wilson-Robar might be just the thing to buy; or a Wiley Clapp version if I was to "cheap-out".

Edit to add: I really liked Post#7's thoughts on the subject gun(s).

Edit#2: I just had my computer read me that ad-copy for these guns to me (while cleaning one of my Glocks). My impression was a young-adult (I imagined even a teen-ager) wrote the ad-copy and was trying too hard to sell these. The verbiage went over-board in describing why to even consider a revolver-at-all. Seriously, good luck to the seller and hopefully all will get sold; i.e., the seller can get a good return on investment.
    Last edited by L-2; 12-10-2017 at 03:50 PM.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I noticed some of the guns pictured have the same defectively machined front sight dovetails you get on a run of the mill Ruger with Novaks. No way I would buy one of those if I couldn't hand-select it myself.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    I read the fine print on the Wilson/Robar GP100. Rocke puts these together as one of their packages. Wilson in this case refers to a Wilson spring kit, grips with Wilson logo, and a Wilson storage bag. Robar refers to the fact that Robar plated the revolvers. Mention was made that some pistols originated in Louisiana. Lipsey's the giant Ruger distributor there probably shipped them to Arizona. Mention was made that Wilson spring kits were shipped from Arkansas. Anyone interested can read the fine print at the bottom of the Gunbroker post. I fail to understand the intent of the narrative, which is verbose but imparts little useful information. This last statement is an observation and a criticism.

User Tag List