Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk Shotgun Training

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    What size for a 1301? Does the 7 round have interference with any parts of the 1301, ie access to safety? The aridus are very nice but out of my budget for now.
    It depends... I’m left handed, and with the original stock, they’d come too far aft on the receiver and the aft few shells would impede an easy reach to the safety on the left side.
    Now that I have the Magpul stock, I may reassess.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    It depends... I’m left handed, and with the original stock, they’d come too far aft on the receiver and the aft few shells would impede an easy reach to the safety on the left side.
    Cool, I do have a magpul stock for it courtesy of our Christmas Elfster program, just need to pick up the adapter.

I’ll probably order a 7 and a 5 to see which one I like the most.

Thanks for your input.

JM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Sorta My Lane Now so ......

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    Like Gyro also a satanhander & agreed on the 7 round cards being too *long* IMO.

I gave the Raven cards an HONEST eval. last Aug during a SG tuneup w/ DB but had issues getting them to stay affixed w/ recoil after slapping them on.
    I first noticed this issue earlier in 2017 during several 2G matches but felt that was due to my unfamiliarity w/ them & decided to give 'em more time in use.

I also got to coon finger JackDog's 1301 w/ the Aridus QDC & ordered mine the next week when home. Using the Aridus on my 1301T w/ the safety reversed,
    I run the aft 2 shells brass up & high (approx .25") of hull exposed on the bottom w/ no interference of my trigger finger & I also use a/ MP stock on my 1301.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 01-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Using the Aridus on my 1301T w/ the safety reversed,
    I run the aft 2 shells brass up & high (approx .25") of hull exposed on the bottom w/ no interference of my trigger finger & I also use a/ MP stock on my 1301.
    Wow- thanks OldRunner!
    With my “stock” Beretta stock, it looked like the aft part of the Airdus shell holder (particularly the latch) would interfere with where I reach for the (reveresed) safety. I’ll have to look at that again with the Magpul stock.

Like Gyro also a satanhander & agreed on the 7 round cards being too *long* IMO.

I gave the Raven cards an HONEST eval. last Aug during a SG tuneup w/ DB but had issues getting them to stay affixed w/ recoil after slapping them on.
    I first noticed this issue earlier in 2017 during several 2G matches but felt that was due to my unfamiliarity w/ them & decided to give 'em more time in use.

I also got to coon finger JackDog's 1301 w/ the Aridus QDC & ordered mine the next week when home. Using the Aridus on my 1301T w/ the safety reversed,
    Any chance you can provide some pictures? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post

Adam I’ll try to get one posted Wed, NLT Thrs.

One Option that Works for Me

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderMan2k4 View Post

A quick pic. showing how I run my slug & buck as a lefty in your QDC w/ a reversed safety.

Being an older cat I learned LONG ago from some LE buds to run my shells brass up but given the tension the QDC provides holding them in place, I have no concerns w/ my buck being brass down. Having avg. size paws I simply indexed the slugs up as that gives me ample room for my trigger finger to remain on/near the safety.

Name:  8053403D-257B-4B3F-AB56-698192F72A8B.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  75.4 KB

A quick pic. showing how I run my slug & buck as a lefty in your QDC w/ a reversed safety.

Being an older cat I learned LONG ago from some LE buds to run my shells brass up but given the tension the QDC provides holding them in place, I have no concerns w/ my buck being brass down. Having avg. size paws I simply indexed the slugs up as that gives me ample room for my trigger finger to remain on/near the safety.

Name:  8053403D-257B-4B3F-AB56-698192F72A8B.jpg
Views: 682
Size:  75.4 KB
    That makes sense, thanks.

As for the Q-DC tension, on the early prototypes the tension was so light that even just grabbing the carrier would move the shells around inside of it, yet they still never dropped a single shell brass down. I actually had to tighten it up just to ensure consistency inside of pouches, not to eliminate the risk of dropping shells.

Even a couple years later I'm still tweaking it (I've had people say they wish the retention was lighter). Current carriers ship with better produced springs and a deeper "set" which makes them quicker and easier to remove, but they don't move around too easily, and certainly don't drop shells.

Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I ve never turned down a request from anyone to do podcasts or radio. Not sure of how things go over there on guests or if you have to have some status with the group.
    I did ask P&S a few weeks back about getting you or Givens on a podcast and got a "both are great choices and I have contact with them." Unfortunately, they weren't 100% on having Travis Haley in an episode so at least you're more interesting than him???

So, I've still been carving out semi-regular time for dry work with the shotgun. The "metro load" was my saving grace, but I've run across a difficulty and wanted to get the opinions of others. For those with Benelli's, do you keep the shotgun mounted or not when you do a "select slug" changeover (or changing from any to any)? I want to stay solely with the one way to load (metro) for the sake of repetition, but I have difficulty pronating my wrist/elbow enough to get the new shell in the port when I leave the gun mounted. I'm much faster if I dismount the gun, drop it down between my elbow and lats (muzzle elevated) to insert the new shell via metro, then mount the gun again. When I started practicing this a few months ago, strength was an issue when doing it mounted, but it's not now, it's just a matter of getting my wrist/elbow twisted enough to get the shell in the port.

Does it matter? Mounted or dismounted? What do you do? I'm unfamiliar with the operation of other semi's, but if they work similarly, please feel free to chime in.

User Tag List