Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A different lube adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Don't tease with a thread title that juicy
    PIX SENT
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Seems like a textbook case for froglube, but I’m not buyin that shit again.
    Serious question: What's the problem with Froglube? I read a lot of stuff back and forth about different lubes, but I haven't heard much about Froglube.

The squeak just adds to the ambiance of a wood burning stove.

Quote Originally Posted by john c View Post
    Serious question: What's the problem with Froglube? I read a lot of stuff back and forth about different lubes, but I haven't heard much about Froglube.
    I don’t like the mint smell, I had a batch that literally mildewed, their marketing annoyed me, and I’m clearly an important person

Heck, I’d prolly try some if I had it laying around, but I’m not willing to buy some just for the stoves.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by BJXDS View Post
    The squeak just adds to the ambiance of a wood burning stove.
    My wife has very good hearing and I just don’t like stuff that squeaks.
    #RESIST

I had a couple of thoughts, but they are divergent solutions. One would be automotive, like maybe a high temp white lithium, or maybe even wheel bearing grease. The second would be tallow. I think the auto greases would probably work best if the door was removed and the pins of the hinges greased. Pretty sure white lithium would not smell, but I'm not sure about the wheel bearing grease. Probably would depend on the formulation.

Food-grade mineral oil? If nothing else it's cheap.

I will shoot you over a syringe of Chem-X. Has an operating range of -454F - +842F, and uses Tungsten disulphide for lubricity. Should do the job for you. Shipping info still the same?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Not yet, good idea though!
    This idea floated around the Middle East for the duration of my business trips to the area. I exhausted a lot of time and effort trying to fix that, but the military is a lot like PF; some people you just can’t reach.

It may work wonders for a wood stove.

It sucks the cheese off of Rosie O’Donnell’s labia for anything firearms related.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 12-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    It sucks the cheese off of Rosie O’Donnell’s labia for anything firearms related.
    My GOD man...

User Tag List