Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A different lube adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    This stuff: https://www.libertygunlube.com/produ...e-10cc-syringe ? I'd like to learn more. Thanks.
    Sure, what would you like to know beyond the info given at our website?
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Site Supporter
    I'm curious how the lubricant can be efficacious over such a wide temperature range. Here in the Big Empty, we experience temps from - 35 F to + 105 F. Thanks. ELN

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Sure, what would you like to know beyond the info given at our website?

Gotcha. Hoping not to derail the original thread. I think someone else also mentioned Tungsten disulfide. Pretty good stuff. It is suspended in a 30-120nm size, which gives the properties mentioned. The nano particles unfurl under pressure and friction creating a smooth layer. That's the simple version. It can easily handle the environments your State has to offer, but then again, so does our CLP. Low temp performance is kind of our niche.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

I will shoot you over a syringe of Chem-X. Has an operating range of -454F - +842F, and uses Tungsten disulphide for lubricity. Should do the job for you. Shipping info still the same?
    Received and thank you. Part of it definitely burned off some, I could see the vapors; but appears to be doing the job on the inside of the stove. I tried some on the outside hinges and the cookoff smell was apparent, no more applications on the outside. I plan to reapply when the stove is cold for cleaning and report back.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Received and thank you. Part of it definitely burned off some, I could see the vapors; but appears to be doing the job on the inside of the stove. I tried some on the outside hinges and the cookoff smell was apparent, no more applications on the outside. I plan to reapply when the stove is cold for cleaning and report back.
    Thanks for the quick feedback. Curious, any idea how hot the outside is getting?

Thanks for the quick feedback. Curious, any idea how hot the outside is getting?
    I don’t have anything capable of measuring it for now, but pretty freaking hot. Water sizzles on it instantly. Burned my hand. I worked the grease in with a piece of wood. Again, it is working, even after the initial burn off.
    #RESIST

Thanks to the other shitty moderator on this forum, I now have a bitchin' IR thermometer. It is hard to get a completely accurate reading on the inside of the door where the lube has been applied, but so far it has ranged from 550 to 620 degrees Fahrenheit. Keep in mind that it's probably hotter when closed and it stays that hot for a long time. Also know that we have not had a really cold night since I got the grease so generously sent to me. I go on vacation to SoCal Friday and a week after that when I get back, I hope for some cold temps so that I can see just how long the coating left behind after the grease cooked off lasts, but so far, so good, and impressive!
    #RESIST

Have a nice (safe) trip LL.

If nothing else works, I say fall back on chicken schmaltz. At least it will smell like an old bubby's cooking.

There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post

I’m currently using the Dillon case lube clone which is simply 99% isopropyl alcohol and lanolin dissolved together in about 1:8 ratio of lanolin to alcohol. You simply warm up the lanolin bottle in a pan of hot water and pour it into your spray bottle of alcohol and shake it up. This stuff is lasting about a week.

Also, the Dillon case lube clone might be the finest gun surface protectant I’ve ever seen. Mist on, wipe it around, it keeps stuff from rusting phenomenally well. Of course, it makes a fine case lube as well
    I don't have a wood stove, but I do use the Dillon clone as a case lube, but at about a 1:20 L/A ratio. Best lube I've used in 40+ years of reloading. Wish I would've tried it first.

My schmaltz always came with a side of guilt... I think I’d prefer guilt free cases.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Have a nice (safe) trip LL.

If nothing else works, I say fall back on chicken schmaltz. At least it will smell like an old bubby's cooking.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List