Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A different lube adventure

Some people are incapable of comprehending words, so figured I’d paint a picture for them.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

My coal stove has bushings on the hinge pins. Only squeaks when the door lever is twisted to seal the fire box.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I heard spark plug thread lube was good (and a lot less messy than any of the anti-seize products).

https://www.aircraft-tool.com/shop/d...UCT_ID=ATS2612

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    As in ~6F above absolute zero? That’s crazy. I had no idea there were lubes that worked in temperatures that low.
    Yup, sure is. Can you imagine that lab tests they have to do in order to figure that out. The Tungsten disulfide nano-particles have some amazing properties. Interesting what jumps there are in technology every few years
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    My coal stove has bushings on the hinge pins. Only squeaks when the door lever is twisted to seal the fire box.
    /humblebrag
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    I will shoot you over a syringe of Chem-X. Has an operating range of -454F - +842F, and uses Tungsten disulphide for lubricity. Should do the job for you. Shipping info still the same?
    Yes and thank you very much.
    #RESIST

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    This idea floated around the Middle East for the duration of my business trips to the area. I exhausted a lot of time and effort trying to fix that, but the military is a lot like PF; some people you just can’t reach.

It may work wonders for a wood stove.

It sucks the cheese off of Rosie O’Donnell’s labia for anything firearms related.
    *Sits down with an apple and some smoked gouda cheese*

...wonder what's going on over at PF.

*puts apple and cheese away*

Damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    /humblebrag
    I suppose. But I was actually thinking you could maybe pick some up, they are just very thin washers (probably brass coated steel?) and put them on your door hinges. Then you wouldn't have to lube and I am guessing they are like the bushings on car doors so they wear instead of the hinges them selves.

Name:  LLstove.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  65.0 KB
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I suppose. But I was actually thinking you could maybe pick some up, they are just very thin washers (probably brass coated steel?) and put them on your door hinges. Then you wouldn't have to lube and I am guessing they are like the bushings on car doors so they wear instead of the hinges them selves.

Name:  LLstove.jpg
Views: 222
Size:  65.0 KB
    That’s a slick idea. Copper brass or bronze should all work well - and look how well this idea works on flipper knives, prior to the advent of affordable bearing systems.

Site Supporter
    This stuff: https://www.libertygunlube.com/produ...e-10cc-syringe ? I'd like to learn more. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    Yup, sure is. Can you imagine that lab tests they have to do in order to figure that out. The Tungsten disulfide nano-particles have some amazing properties. Interesting what jumps there are in technology every few years

User Tag List