Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VDevelopment Group City Special Exclusive Review

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    DB, have you tried your Cobra in it?
    It’s on loan but I am sure it won’t. I told Voodoo that I thought it would make a super holster for the Cobras if there is enough demand.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

In the past I carried my 340 in a Raven custom Vanguard 2 but not being able to reholster was always a downside, this looks like a good minimalist alternative.
    I'm not the biggest fan of J-frames but they sure do make for a ultra low profile AIWB gun.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

moar photos, because reasons.

FYI - depending on the level of interest for a cobra in this particular configuration, it may be possible, but it may need to be a substantial interest (20-30 at least) to even warrant the development of that holster.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    In the past I carried my 340 in a Raven custom Vanguard 2 but not being able to reholster was always a downside, this looks like a good minimalist alternative.
    I'm not the biggest fan of J-frames but they sure do make for a ultra low profile AIWB gun.
    You hit a bunch of nails right on the head.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Hey DB,

The bottom of the holster/sight track in your pics looks like it’s open/untapered/uncrimped, yes? I’m on the lookout for some AIWB kydex that could be pressed into service with my old 36-1 3". What do you think? Open, with enough length to cover some of the extra tube and the start of the baughman ramp?

The protos in the vid look crimped—obviously a no-go on the 36-1. Speaking of steel carry guns that have stood the test of time. This holster would go great with the old 1980 caliber press "street survival" book; almost the only book I’ve seen to deal with one-hand wheelie reloading in print.

TIA.
    Your 3” should be good with about a half inch sticking through the straight open bottom.

Man, Darryl, two things: one, thanks a ton for the super-quick check and reply, I really appreciate your time. And, two...

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Your 3” should be good with about a half inch sticking through the straight open bottom.
    Phrasing... we are most def still doing that on this one.

I think I'll order one of these true hide, wounded shooter drill holsters, because, good reasons. I appreciate it, wheelie master.

Edit: literally right above my reply. Oops. Buying.
    Last edited by Kirk; 12-11-2017 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    And there goes another keyboard...

Once this comes in I may be the only guy in the history of P-F that will have a 5 shot J-frame revolver AIWB and a 7 shot pistol as the BUG in my pocket...
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Site Supporter
    I just ordered two. Looking forward to trying them
    Last edited by Poconnor; 12-11-2017 at 11:58 AM.

User Tag List