Thread: Montana Etreme X2 300 Winchester Magnum - any experience with Montana Rifle Company?

Site Supporter

Montana Etreme X2 300 Winchester Magnum - any experience with Montana Rifle Company?

I continue to look at hunting out west - such as Wyoming - and possibly a trip to Africa (no dangerous game - thinking "plains" animals). I live in north GA. I currently have a Kimber Montana 260 Rem (very light and handy to carry) and a Tikka T3 3006 with Limbsaver recoil pad (also light). I probably have all I need.

However, I found a Montana Rifle Company (not Kimber Montana) Extreme X2 in 300 Winchester Magnum for sale locally. Seems to be a semi-custom rifle from a small firearms manufacturer. Seller is aging to the point that he cannot Elk hunt anymore - took this rifle out West twice Elk Hunting - so he is selling. The Montana has a receiver with controlled feed apparently modeled on the pre 64 Model 70? Looks like rifle without scope weighs 7.5 to 8 lbs.

This is not a need but could be a want. Any feedback on "Montana Rifle Company" appreciated.
    Last edited by ranger; 12-10-2017 at 10:10 AM.

No experience with the rifle but I understand that the receiver is cast rather than forged.... if that makes any difference to

User Tag List