Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Major DeltaPont Pro problem

Major DeltaPont Pro problem

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post

Makes me wonder if this sight with co-witnessed tritium iron sights might be the best option. Almost guaranteed to work during the day time. Night time either the dot would be there or the tritium in the sights would be there. I have very little experience with red dots on handguns so I’m just thinking out loud.

It’s would definitely be a very expensive setup.
    I have my RMR06 set up with tritium BUIS. If the battery or electronics fail I can still aim somewhat. Eyes stink so focal plane transitions are non existent if we are talking defensive shooting time frame. But fuzzy sights are better than no sights.

Red dots on reciprocating slides is still kind if new in volume. I think with the profits available to manufacturers they will solve the issues in short order.

Sadly sounds like Leupold has some more work to do.
    Last edited by TAZ; 12-18-2017 at 05:27 PM.

I know the Trijicon dual-illumination models have their own set of issues when it comes to use under different lighting conditions, but how are they holding up as far as durability goes?
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

The RMR display, between size, shape and tint is very unattractive for gaming. However, it is what I would use if I was to EDC a dot now. Particularly if worn under garments that protect the emitter from moisture.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I know the Trijicon dual-illumination models have their own set of issues when it comes to use under different lighting conditions, but how are they holding up as far as durability goes?
    I have never had a customer report a single issue out of a Dual Illuminated RMR. My 26 has one on it for when I travel, and the 26 follows me to classes in case my primary RM06 goes down. They do have their own set of issues in some lighting conditions, but they are about as durable as a handgun optic gets.

DeltaPoint Pro users. Any thoughts on the triangular reticle. I’ve always kinda dismissed it , but I suppose in theory it could possibly give the best of both worlds. So don’t want to dismiss it out of hand.

What are you using and which do you prefer?

Any feed back would be appreciated.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

In matches now, I treat the DP Pro like an open gun optic, turning it on at the beginning of the stage, and off after I shoot the stage. They seem to work pretty well when treated that way. Today, during practice I left the dot on. I had about a ten minute delay between strings at one point, and when I drew my 34 MOS, the DP Pro did not come on, after apparently being put to sleep by the motion detector. I have lost track, but this must be five or six different DP Pro units in the last two or three months that have again proven themselves unsuitable for EDC.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My wife's dual illuminated rmr with Amber dot can wash out. But it's not very often. The Amber works better than the green I'm. When it does wash out the buis take over.

I still prefer irons though. For now at least

User Tag List