Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Basic AIWB Holster Recomendations

I'm a big fan of JM Custom Kydex holsters (from Tony Mayer). I like the claw for AIWB, that's the only way I've been carrying for a while now. In my opinion of all the holsters I have tried his are the best.

If cost is an issue, keep an eye out for a second hand one that has not been modified. Lots of people flip holsters trying to find comfortable ones for them. JMCK holsters will hold their value better than some of the cheaper options too in case it doesn't work out for you.
    Last edited by zephyr; 12-11-2017 at 10:49 PM.

My favorite buy right off the shelf, no frills holster for appendix carry is the Safariland Model 27. I bought it to carry my P2000 in while waiting for my JM Custom AIWB holster. I replaced the jhook belt clip with a regular belt clip off another holster and I use it for quick on/off trips to the store and whatnot.

https://www.safariland.com/products/...oqti1g8h7yl3w3

OP, if you don't have one already, make sure to get a decent belt to go with the holster. I can't speak from experience of other manufacturers, but I've been using a Mastermind Tactics belt for about 6 months and I really like it.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a Jake Belt from Tommy Theis that I like very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a Jake Belt from Tommy Theis that I like very well.

I love my Theis holsters. Haven't ordered a Jake belt yet but it's on my to-do list.

I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with it! Not sure if you need a size recommendation or not, but I wear a size 34 pants, with or without a gun, and a size 38 Jake belt is a perfect fit (meaning I use the center hole and sometimes one smaller).

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    I’m sure you won’t be disappointed with it! Not sure if you need a size recommendation or not, but I wear a size 34 pants, with or without a gun, and a size 38 Jake belt is a perfect fit (meaning I use the center hole and sometimes one smaller).

Thanks man, I'll add it to my notes!

Most pants are "vanity sized" by 2 to 4 inches, while the gun belts I've owned are not.
    Last edited by HopetonBrown; 12-13-2017 at 12:41 AM.

Basic AIWB Holster Recomendations

My friend had tried the aiwb route. Told him go straight to jmcustom. He was leery on price. Bought a 50 some dollar trholsters thing. Not comfortable at all for him. He instantly realized how much thought needs to go into aiwb holsters. Also mastermind totally helped him with a wedge to make a shitty holster less shitty.

Long story short. Buy once cry once is a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Trukinjp13; 12-13-2017 at 10:27 PM.

Well, I received my holster from Mastermind Tacics. I am extremely impressed with their customer service. Chris was great about taking time to answer all my questions! Can’t speak highly enough about the level of service I received! The holster quality, fit and finish, and function are absolutely top notch! I can’t imagine what could be done better. The claw definitely tucks the grip in well and the metal belt clip is very stiff and strong. The wedge also works well to push the grip into my body, but I’m still getting used to it so I can’t say for sure if it is totally comfortable. I have experienced some discomfort, but it’s only the first full day, so that was expected. So far I have been using their Verso wedge. I haven’t tried the regular one at all yet because Chris recommended the Verso. Again, can’t speak highly enough about Mastermind Tacics!!

User Tag List