Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: G26 won't fit a G19 holster?

G26 won't fit a G19 holster?

According to what I read elsewhere, Glocks are supposed to fit in holsters for the larger size guns in the same family. Previously I had found that true. My Gen 4 G19 fits in my Kydex holsters (JM Custom and Blade Tech) that I bought for a Gen 2 G17.

However, yesterday, I found that a new Gen 4 G26 won't fit in JM or Blade Tech holsters for either the G19 or G17. The issue seems to be some extra depth (maybe 1/16") from the top of the frame to the bottom of the trigger guard. A leather holster would probably stretch but it seems to be a no-go with Kydex.

For those who are more clued in to Glock variations than I am, is this normal or is it an anomaly? It would be good to know before dropping another $100+ for yet another pair of holsters. (I carry AIWB or 4:00 depending on dress code.)

Site Supporter
    That's weird. I have a Raven G19 holster that works perfectly well with my G26, and I understand that some folks carry the G26 in G19-length IWB/AIWB holsters b/c the extra length in the pants helps anchor what's above the belt.

I've had to adjust the tension screws sometimes even going from one G-17 to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    I've had to adjust the tension screws sometimes even going from one G-17 to another.
    What's weird here is that it isn't an issue in the front of the trigger guard where the gun locks in. When I insert the gun into the holster, I can see the bottom of the trigger guard wedging down the fold of kydex that comes up under the trigger guard from the left side of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    According to what I read elsewhere, Glocks are supposed to fit in holsters for the larger size guns in the same family. Previously I had found that true. My Gen 4 G19 fits in my Kydex holsters (JM Custom and Blade Tech) that I bought for a Gen 2 G17.

However, yesterday, I found that a new Gen 4 G26 won't fit in JM or Blade Tech holsters for either the G19 or G17. The issue seems to be some extra depth (maybe 1/16") from the top of the frame to the bottom of the trigger guard. A leather holster would probably stretch but it seems to be a no-go with Kydex.

For those who are more clued in to Glock variations than I am, is this normal or is it an anomaly? It would be good to know before dropping another $100+ for yet another pair of holsters. (I carry AIWB or 4:00 depending on dress code.)
    For my G26 Gen4, I just ordered a G19 JMCK 2.5 from @Tonymayer, because of the extra length as Duelist mentioned - Tony had said to specify that on the order notes - and also said it would fit both a G19 and G26 - so I'm not sure if you have to specify it on your order - or if it's particular to the type of holster. I haven't gotten it yet, but can let you know once I get it.

I've noticed that my G26 and G19s exhibit a different level of snugness with multiple holsters I carry them in. This will manifest itself in the tension on the draw as well as whether there is any (very) small amount of movement (usually vertically) when seated in the holster.

Tom @ DSG has mentioned to me in past discussions that he has noticed a certain amount of difference in the widths of various Glocks depending on model and / or generation.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

All,

Thanks for the replies. I need to update and clarify my post since I just went and took a bunch of measurements and tried different guns in different holsters.

Here are some measurements:

Top of frame rails to bottom of trigger guard:

G17 Gen 2: 1.882"
    G19 Gen 4: 1.885"
    G26 Gen 4: 1.909"

Trigger guard width at centerline of trigger guard opening (where most holsters click on for retention)*:

G17 Gen 2: 0.572"
    G19 Gen 4: 0.581"
    G26 Gen 4: 0.582"

*This is not a "true" measurement with the caliper tips; I held the measuring arm against the front of the trigger guard where it was more consistent.

Based on this, I retried the G26 in all of the holsters. It's noticeably tighter in my Mastermind AIWB for the G17, but that seems to be due to width in the retention area (so loosening the screw would fix the problem). It fits fine in the Blade Tech Nano for the G17 and the JM AIWB for the G19.

The only real problem is the G19 Blade Tech Nano, which seems to be molded so tightly around the bottom of the trigger guard that it just won't work at all with the G26. So I can guess I can either wear the G26 in a G17 IWB holster (seems weird and may not be ideally comfortable in a car) or suck it up and buy yet another holster just for the G26.
    Last edited by Gun Nerd; 12-09-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Yes, there is a difference. I have seen this discussed, somewhere, before. A tightly-fitted holster, for a G19/G17/etc., may not work with a G26. I no longer have a G26 to see or measure, but seem to remember that I could eyeball the different dimensions.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    That's weird. I have a Raven G19 holster that works perfectly well with my G26, and I understand that some folks carry the G26 in G19-length IWB/AIWB holsters b/c the extra length in the pants helps anchor what's above the belt.
    I'd bet that RCS has made the minor adjustments needed to let things fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Nerd View Post
    What's weird here is that it isn't an issue in the front of the trigger guard where the gun locks in. When I insert the gun into the holster, I can see the bottom of the trigger guard wedging down the fold of kydex that comes up under the trigger guard from the left side of the gun.
    It's the frame forcing the shell around.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I've noticed that my G26 and G19s exhibit a different level of snugness with multiple holsters I carry them in. This will manifest itself in the tension on the draw as well as whether there is any (very) small amount of movement (usually vertically) when seated in the holster.

Tom @ DSG has mentioned to me in past discussions that he has noticed a certain amount of difference in the widths of various Glocks depending on model and / or generation.
    Correct, in addition to a range of sizes from G1-G5 the subcompact models are slightly larger in spots and certain forming methods will not allow them to fit. One needs to make a concious effort to allow the sub's to fit.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Correct, in addition to a range of sizes from G1-G5 the subcompact models are slightly larger in spots and certain forming methods will not allow them to fit. One needs to make a concious effort to allow the sub's to fit.
    Interesting, thanks. Guess I'll be buying specially for the G26!

User Tag List