Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Importance of Grip Size for the Novice Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    No. People get caught up in grip size at the gun shop, where "feel" really doesn't matter. How it shoots matters.
    Yes. Perfect example for me is the P30. I was ready to jump head first into the P30 based on feel until I shot one and a P2000 and USP together.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    As a user of the USPc, and someone who happens to be 5'0, I will provide some in depth observations, and pictures later.

I would be interested in your post. With average hands, I find the USPc grip annoyingly smalll.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    With average hands, I find the USPc grip annoyingly smalll.
    Vertical grip length or horizontal trigger reach?

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Vertical grip length or horizontal trigger reach?
    Circumference. I think it must be the smallest grip I have experienced on a double stack service pistol. No trouble with horizontal trigger reach. I just feel like I don't have a lot of purchase around the grip to control recoil. Great one handed gun.

I consider subcompacts to be a specialized tool for advanced shooters. New shooters, regardless of physical condition, should be strongly encouraged to start with a compact or full-size guns that allows a full firing grip, even if it isn't ideal for concealment.
    David S.

User Tag List