Thread: Short Barrel SD ammo?

Short Barrel SD ammo?

Hello all, I plan on adding a FNS-9c to the mix. Both for my wife a slightly smaller handgun she can shoot and enjoy, but also for me a slightly smaller handgun for workouts/ running/ BUG (atleast until they roll out a 509c.) Anyways, I primarily carry 124gr GD +p in my 509. Will I still get acceptable performance from this round with the slightly shorter barrel? I saw other manufactures make ammo labeled for short barrels, but I know and trust the performance of GD.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

I have cases of 124+P Gold Dot and HST which I use in all my 9mm pistols regardless of barrel length.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic_RT View Post
    Hello all, I plan on adding a FNS-9c to the mix. Both for my wife a slightly smaller handgun she can shoot and enjoy, but also for me a slightly smaller handgun for workouts/ running/ BUG (atleast until they roll out a 509c.) Anyways, I primarily carry 124gr GD +p in my 509. Will I still get acceptable performance from this round with the slightly shorter barrel? I saw other manufactures make ammo labeled for short barrels, but I know and trust the performance of GD.
    Yes.

Speer offers a short barrel version of the Gold Dot in 9mm. Supposedly little to no difference.

Thanks folls. Ill just keep rolling with what i got.
    Just a father trying to protect his family.

User Tag List