Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    VP9 sounds like a possible. What will the PPQ shoot on paper?
    I'm hoping to hear some feedback on the PPQ. The 5-inch model with its longer sight radius and some aftermarket sights (like the 10-8 set), along with a good trigger seems like it could have a lot of potential accuracy.

I have a Gen 3 G17 that I'd like to replace with something that fits my hand better. It seems the ergonomics and interchangeable grip panels of the VP9 and PPQ could be the ticket while picking up some improved accuracy potential along the way.

Shooting about 1 round per second at 25 yards my pistols shot in this order. Long time Glock shooter so this may not apply to anyone else.
    Gen 4 Glocks.
    1. G34
    2. VP9
    3./4. G17/PPQ
    5. G19
    6. G26
    7. G43
    New Gen 5 G17 is close to VP9.

Sandbagged rest, no time element is the only way to remove as many variables as possible without going to an actual shooting fixture of some type.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    VP9 sounds like a possible. What will the PPQ shoot on paper?
    HK Expert would probably pass for Distinguished maybe not for Production. They seem to be serious about avoiding an equipment race like the laughably termed "production" divisions in USPSA, IPSC, and IDPA.
    My standard size PPQ m2 would hold 2-2.5" in a ten shot, sandbagged, with a good NATO load at 25yds reliably. When I was testing them, I didn't have access to 50yds. To be honest, that was at the limit of my trigger control ability a couple years ago when I did 100rd accuracy tests on a few guns. So it could be better with the right hand.

My experience with the VP9 is that it's very similar in capability.

If the 5" PPQ is an option, I'd look really hard at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the guys on Lightfighter did some serious testing on the VP-9. Best 50 yard group from 6 fired was 1.52” with a 2.40” average. The HK45’s will throw down groups that will make custom 1911’s look average.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    One of the guys on Lightfighter did some serious testing on the VP-9. Best 50 yard group from 6 fired was 1.52” with a 2.40” average. The HK45’s will throw down groups that will make custom 1911’s look average.
    Molon is on this site also. His testing work is superior.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Wow DB, that is some incredible accuracy for a relatively cheap pistol. Do you have the link to those tests?
    edit: found link:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-rep...-50-yards.html

I wonder if HK hammer guns consistently put out that kind of accuracy...?
    Last edited by TicTacticalTimmy; 12-10-2017 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Wow DB, that is some incredible accuracy for a relatively cheap pistol. Do you have the link to those tests?
    edit: found link:
    http://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-rep...-50-yards.html

I wonder if HK hammer guns consistently put out that kind of accuracy...?
    I have found several that do, particularly in .45 ACP.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    USP45 Tactical has the more closely fitted barrel/slide geometry as well as the o-ring barrel with a standard length slide. Also comes with the Match trigger.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    One of the guys on Lightfighter did some serious testing on the VP-9. Best 50 yard group from 6 fired was 1.52” with a 2.40” average.
    I'll be renting a VP-9 (and maybe a 9mm USP) at my local range the next time I go. They also have the PPQ and I'm really curious if any will fit my small paws better than my Gen 3 G17.

User Tag List