Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Accuracy

P210
    92 variant
    CZ shadow
    Sphinx full size (if you can find one, they are rare)
    X5 or 226 stainless

A lot of choices there, and I’d want something heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    If money is no issue, a used CZ accushadow should hold 3" at 50yds. Im not sure what the rules are regarding sights, but one version of the accushadow came with an elevation adjustable rear sight
    Uh, I have seen an AccuShadow and multiple Shadows ransom rested. None where close to 3" at 50. Accu was deffinitely better than a regular Shadow which tend to be all over the place gun to gun.
    Last edited by Leroy; 12-09-2017 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Same back in LA apparently. Louisiana isn’t even on the drop down menu at the NRA website to filter upcoming matches. Far cry from back in the day when many agencies fielded PPC teams.

I wish we could say that agencies are competing in other competitions but teams have become a victim to budgets I think. For the couple of years I shot on LSP’s team, I had access to about as much training ammo as I wanted and, more importantly, acces to folks like Ed Nixon who were true national record holders.

Thinking about PPC reminds me of LSP972. Steve was a real wizard with a revolver back in those days. Not a super big pool of High Master 1490 Club members.
    Steve was an excellent shooter and "one of a kind". The last time I saw Ed Nixon he was still at the EBRSO range. I saw Ed Nixon's son Sam Nixon (Prior LSP) shoot the Louisiana POST Course with a tuned revolver about 12 years ago and all rounds were in a fist size group center mass. Excluding the required headshots.
    Last edited by JBP55; 12-09-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Mechanically, most of HK’s stuff is quite capable of it. Obviously, Sig P-210. I would think the Beretta Elite’s as well. Don’t know if the gun is legal, but out of the box production, USP Expert would be my choice, followed by a VP-9 or HK45.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Obviously not a P210, PPC Production like IPSC Production, must be DA... but more accurate.
    Expert would probably be dismissed as a target model, as would several of the other guns mentioned.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

German produced p226 or an Elite 92series would be my picks for TDA.

VP9 or PPQ would be the strongest striker options, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    If a striker gun, I've been fairly amazed by the HK VP9s accuracy and how easy it is to shoot.

Beretta and Sig make a real accurate pistol as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Obviously not a P210, PPC Production like IPSC Production, must be DA... but more accurate.
    Expert would probably be dismissed as a target model, as would several of the other guns mentioned.
    Sorry, my "obviously" was on ability of a production gun to hold well under 3" at 50 yards, not on being legal. I don't know he rules enough to comment, but I would think a USP Expert would be legal in he distinguished classes at least. Otherwise...I know a dead stock VP9 will hold 3" at 50 yards.......even if I can't
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-10-2017 at 08:25 AM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Any thoughts on the Walther PPQ M2 5 inch?

VP9 sounds like a possible. What will the PPQ shoot on paper?
    HK Expert would probably pass for Distinguished maybe not for Production. They seem to be serious about avoiding an equipment race like the laughably termed "production" divisions in USPSA, IPSC, and IDPA.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

User Tag List