Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: G42, G43, and gen 5 Trigger Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    With all the Glocks I've had remotely recently (Generations 3-5), after shooting a couple thousand or several thousand rounds, there is grit/carbon/junk in the area where the trigger bar and connector touch, and it also gets dry. Then I clean and lube that area - I personally use copper anti-seize like the factory - and then the trigger is nicer again. I haven't seen anything to make me thing there is an actual issue with the gun.
    I've had the same experience with Gen 3s shot til I swore I could see soot flying out of the breach. It was never permanent. But I was lubing with Mobile synthetic then. Once a year whether they needed it or not.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    @leathermaneod

If you can put it on full screen you can kinda see that the clicking sound is when the trigger starts moving again after stopping. I'm applying steady pressure and the trigger is binding-breaking free through the travel.

I'm not sure when it started, but I noticed it today while doing some 25 yard shooting checking out a KKM barrel.

Gun has been lubed generously with Slip 2000 EWL since day 1.

I highly doubt I send it back to Glock. All they'll do is replace all the guts. I can get an armorer to get me the parts and I can do that myself.

Right now I'm at the point of deciding whether I accept rebuilding Glocks every 3K rounds, or dump the platform and move on.
    I appreciate your input and understand your frustration. Have you inspected your connector and trigger bar at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just detail stripped the 19 and the finish is flaking off the trigger bar identically to the 43. I did something I never do and polished the end of the trigger bar where the finish is flaked off, lubed it with Slip 2000 EWL 30 and put it back together. Feels fine. It's a finish problem. Either they have a bad batch/process problem, or there is something with the function of the Gen5 parts that eats the finish. Maybe that's why the FBI spec'd a tougher finish?

G19.5 is at 4204 rounds.

G43 is at 4237 rounds.

Very little dry fire between the two.

Site Supporter
    My guess is that batch of trigger bars has plating issues. I doubt that it's a generation thing. My understanding is that the bare metal on these is soft.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I just detail stripped the 19 and the finish is flaking off the trigger bar identically to the 43. I did something I never do and polished the end of the trigger bar where the finish is flaked off, lubed it with Slip 2000 EWL 30 and put it back together. Feels fine. It's a finish problem. Either they have a bad batch/process problem, or there is something with the function of the Gen5 parts that eats the finish. Maybe that's why the FBI spec'd a tougher finish?

G19.5 is at 4204 rounds.

G43 is at 4237 rounds.

Very little dry fire between the two.
    Thank you! That confirms a suspicion that I had.

G42, G43, and gen 5 Trigger Issues

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My guess is that batch of trigger bars has plating issues. I doubt that it's a generation thing.
    I am wondering if something about the plating has actually been changed recently. I don’t remember which of my Glocks it was (they are all fairly recent though) but I noticed while cleaning that the finish was flaking off the ejector a bit.

Last edited by leathermaneod; 12-08-2017 at 09:08 PM.

Check this out if your having Gen 5 trigger issues
    https://youtu.be/2sreTnFVHAU

This is not my first experience with bad Glock triggers.

I tried a pair of RTF2 19s back in 2010 that would both deform the piece that raises the firing pin safety and gouge up the finish on the plunger. Trigger would be good for 1K rounds, by 1200, it would be horrible and about 8-10 lbs. I went through two trigger bars and firing pin plungers on each gun until I had enough and installed another two new trigger bars and plungers and dumped 'em.

I LIKE Glock because I can shoot them very will with relatively little effort, but they are very low quality guns that don't hold up well to high volume shooting, in my experience. I don't see how everyone else manages to get so much life out of 'em. My theory is they swap so many parts trying to make the trigger 'better' that they never give anything a chance to wear out.

My Gen 3 Glocks just run and run, no switching parts required.

I can not find it online, but does anyone know if we can order a m series trigger bar? I would buy one in a jiffy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List