Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: .45 at 45

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    I think Gunctafter Industries makes a .50 1911 if you’re feeling particularly ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I forgot about that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    While I may try this, being that this gun does not have a shoulder stock, I expect that "groups" at that distance will be more of a hypothetical thing than reality.
    While I haven't had the chance to shoot my girlfriends 4506 past 25 meters, at that range the gun seemed ridiculously accurate (compared to my usual shooting, at least) and easy to shoot. If the 4516 is anything like that, you may be pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots at 45 yards. Might be very well worth the try?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    While I haven't had the chance to shoot my girlfriends 4506 past 25 meters, at that range the gun seemed ridiculously accurate (compared to my usual shooting, at least) and easy to shoot. If the 4516 is anything like that, you may be pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots at 45 yards. Might be very well worth the try?
    I'll probably try it, but I was more commenting on my ability, or lack thereof, to shoot groups with any pistol at that long of a range vs with a rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I turned 45 earlier this year. All year, I've been thinking that I should get a .45 to commemorate the birthday, but then I'd talk myself out of it. Didn't keep me from buying, selling, and trading guns more this year than any in recent memory, but I just kept talking myself into and out of that .45.
    Ha! I did that too. Ruger P90, the year I turned 45 (2000). Still have it, seldom shoot it.

I like your choice. I went with this little girl.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Now for the rest of my life I have to buy a gun in a caliber that matches the number of candles on my cake. #OohLookWhatYouMadeMeDo
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 12-09-2017 at 08:25 PM.

Nice piece man. Unless things have changed in the last five years or so, recoil springs for that puppy will be a real challenge to find. I'd go straight to Wolff.

Cat

Quote Originally Posted by lee n. field View Post
    Ha! I did that too. Ruger P90, the year I turned 45 (2000). Still have it, seldom shoot it.
    I celebrated my 21st birthday by buying a Ruger P95dc instead of going out drinking.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Ok, 45 feet then.
    Not too terrible - all on paper, at least.

First seven rounds at 45 feet:
    Name:  IMG_3153.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  52.7 KB

A few more mags at 45 feet. New glasses are working well.
    Name:  IMG_3154.jpg
Views: 228
Size:  57.4 KB

3 yards, checking out DA/SA press-out and transitions:
    Name:  IMG_3156.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  57.6 KB

Just worked through one box.

One of the magazines I got had a misfeed on the last round out of its second time on deck with a full magazine. The two 7 round mags were fine as far as this few rounds can determine. Didn't beat me up too much, hit sorta what I meant to. Think I'll keep it around and shoot it some more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Nesbitt View Post
    Ok, 45 feet then.
    The .45/45/45/45/45 drill? .45 pistol at 45 feet, 45 inch target, 45 rounds in 45 seconds?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List