Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Week 246: Skills Check: Concealed-Carry Pistol Drill

Site Supporter
    Shot this drill this morning and had a pass on all strings.

Concealment garments: Columbia zip pullover shirt and an open front lightweight Propper jacket. Temps in the low 40s and foggy at Dallas Pistol Club.

Pistol/Holster: Gen 3 Glock 19 (my most carried pistol); RCS Phantom carried IWB.

String 1: 1.69
    String 2: 1.94
    String 3: 2.29
    String 4: 2.45
    String 5: 3.15
    String 6: 1.64
    String 7: 2.77

All shots inside a B-8 bull center and 3x5 head box.

I think this is a fairly good test vehicle for folks carrying concealed. I think strings 5,6 and 7 have overly generous time limits.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

G19 Gen 4 Ameriglo Pro iDots 147 HST concealed 3-4 o’clock iwb FAST Target
    T shirt partially untucked, a long sleeve shirt over that and a sweatshirt over that, 42 degrees.
    I decided to shoot this right after the
    Passed all strings
    This test was interesting to me as well because I just set targets and shot after shooting the 3x5 cold drill. Earlier in the day I was doing some work, getting in and out of the truck. No making sure all my clothes and gear was adjusted properly.
    I normally get all my shit set just right to shoot tests, clothing and gear but that’s how it ends up during the day. If the SHTF then I gotto go as I am. Can’t say hold on, let me tuck my shirt in and arrange my holster.
    I ran this again after getting my shit together, with a PPS, and did not do as well. One handed I pulled one outside the circle, and botched the draw which put me over time.

Tried this twice. Started coldish. Threw one hi on my frst attempt of string 1 so I started over.. Pistol was a G19 Gen5 with an APLC under a untucked shirt in a JMCK AIWB. Used it as part of the function test on the new pistol so first run was with 127gr Ranger and the second with 135gr +P Critical Duty. IDPA targets using the two supplied down zero areas

First try
    String 1: 1.88
    String 2: 1.66
    String 3: 1.89
    String 4: 1.87
    String 5: 2.23
    String 6: 1.27
    String 7: 2.05

Second try
    String 1: 1.58
    String 2: 1.76
    String 3: 1.72
    String 4: 1.84
    String 5: 2.31
    String 6: 1.38
    String 7: 2.31

My one handed stuff was sloppy and some just made the 8 inch circle. A couple head shots may not have made the circle if i was shooting a 8mm
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Used my normal carry gun/gear. RMR’d P07 in JMCK AIWB under a hoodie.

Passed.
    Name:  C3686BCD-0AA5-49DB-A090-1D9BA9866C66.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  48.3 KB
    Name:  ED06C632-D6F4-4D96-A55C-F99C620501CB.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  47.7 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Maybe last pass at this for now, but I’ll use it several times a year.
    Clean on all except (of all things) string 6, which I shot in 1.88 w/one hit just low.
    So I shot it again, clean.
    Gen5 17, Ameriglo 3 dot night sights, yellow front, out of an ARX holster under jacket.

User Tag List