Thread: AAR: Green Ops Concealed Carry Draw Techniques Course Nov. 19, 2017 @ NRA Range

AAR: Green Ops Concealed Carry Draw Techniques Course Nov. 19, 2017 @ NRA Range

I recently attended a Concealed Carry Draw Techniques Course with Green Ops on November 19, 2017. It was held at the NRA Range for 4.5 hours, and I used a Shield 9mm and approximately 200 rounds. We spent about an hour in the classroom where we discussed safety, different methods of presentation and their rationale, and carrying in both AIWB and strong-side hip positions. I had taken their 4-Count Draw Techniques course about a month prior, and I recall that we were told that we had to learn to walk (basic draw technique) before we could run (presentation from concealment). After doing a lot of dry fire practice using techniques they had taught in 4-Count Draw, I felt that I had improved enough that I was comfortable in this course. Once we got on the range, we started by doing dry fire draws on verbal command, followed by timed drills. Once we got that down we started live fire, doing single shots and bill drills, as well as precision shots to work on trigger control. Towards the end we worked on reload drills, as well as drawing and firing with one hand.

Overall I would say this course had many similarities to the 4-Count Draw course, but the obvious difference is that we did everything from concealment. Another difference is the focus on reloading drills and drawing and firing with one hand, which I thought was very useful. I was satisfied with all the instruction and feedback, as well as the use of video taping to review our performance. Once again I am happy with the course and the instructors. I would continue to recommend courses from Green Ops, and I feel that I learned enough to continue to improve on my own time.

CG12 - Thank you for the kind review. It was clearly evident that you take your instruction seriously and are able to effectively incorporate it into your personal training program. There is no secret to the methods our program advocates, it is work based on our 5 recommended factors: 1) Dry Fire 2) Live Fire to accuracy and time standards 3) Video Analysis 4) Competition and 5) Training. You are clearly putting in the work and reaping the benefits. Keep it up and keep on training! I would highly recommend you find an opportunity to train with Mr Tom Givens of Rangemaster when your schedule allows.

User Tag List