Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bulk ammo preferences for wife's G-43 practice

My 43s have eaten mostly Federal American Eagle 124, but I've fed 'em just about everything and they're not ammo picky at all.

They are snappy with 124, but I like it because it makes my carry load (147 HST) a little bit mild in comparison.

I found the Federal American Eagle Suppressor 124gr. fmj to be quite pleasant to shoot from a Glock 43. AE9SUP1 is listed @ 1030 fps from a 4" barrel.
    Just under $15.00 for 50 rounds
    https://www.wholesalehunter.com/Prod...?source=A10003

Quote Originally Posted by rickyc View Post
    One more question. I have never fired 9mm - only .45, .40, and .357/38. How do you guys decide on bullet weight? Is there a recoil difference between 115, 124, and other weights? What about .380 if sh goes that route?
    Whatever weight the gun likes and shoots to POA. My preference is heavier for self defense, 124 and up. In my testing across a bunch of guns, I’ve found that most of my guns shoot most accurately with either 115 or 147 grain bullets. 147 grain ammo can be softer shooting if recoil is a concern. In general, heavier bullets will shoot higher than lighter ones.

In .380, haven’t noticed much difference in standard 95 grain ball loadings. Some of the boutique “+P” stuff is pretty stout. My favorite ball load is the Italian produced Fiocchi, 380AP. Not the Hungarian made Fiocchi stuff which is 380APC IIRC.
    Last edited by LtDave; 12-11-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

User Tag List