Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bulk ammo preferences for wife's G-43 practice

Bulk ammo preferences for wife's G-43 practice

Have decided on G-43 for wife who has never shot pistols. Am open to suggestions for brand/weight for bulk 9mm for her to practice with. Can't see using Gold Dot or Saber until proficient.

I have never shot 9mm so appreciate all help.

Thanks - Rick

I'm partial to the Speer Lawman 148grn- has a nice, flat tip for making nice, round holes in the target.
    Lucky Gunner has it at for $250 for 1000
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

That's a generally unpleasant gun to shoot.

PMC 115 ball is cheap, and quasi-mouse farty, assuming that it cycles the gun.

http://www.sgammo.com/product/pmc/10...mj-pmc-ammo-9a

Speer Lawman, Geco, MEN, Federal Eagle, Sellier & Bellot, PMC, Remington & Winchester, Aguilla in pretty much that order of preference. The Geco stuff may be my favorite as they seem to take extra steps to polish their ammo before packaging and it shoots very clean. Gold Dot or HST Federal 124 grain JHP for carry when she gets to that. As previously noted that's a snappy little gun for a new shooter.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    That's a generally unpleasant gun to shoot.
    With respect, OP, why not a Glock 17/19 Gen 5? Smaller habdguns like the G43 are indeed more difficult for a novice to shoot, especially compared to their full sized brethren.

Worst case, it's an excuse to buy two guns. [emoji16]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to derail your thread OP, but having a G43 as their first pistol is a pretty surefire way to make them frustrated and hate shooting.

My wife and two daughter in laws manage the G43 very well but they have some exposure to 9mm in larger pistols and .45 in 1911.

It might work out. If it doesn't no worries. Keep it and add the G42 into the mix. That's a soft shooter.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I find freedom munitions a good place to buy practice ammo. They often offer free shipping so that makes it an even better deal. I have found that my 43 prefers 147 grain accuracy wise. While their shipping isn't the fastest I have never had issue with their 9mm ammo reman or new.

There's nothing wrong with the G43 unless she has poor arm/hand strength or other neuro problems. Put some good sights on it, use OEM mags. The Federal AE 147 AE9FP is a particularly soft shooter, and an awful lot of other stuff will work just fine as well.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List