Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: starbucks for me

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I might find the closest one to the NRA Range and buy a few $10 gift cards then give one away to each of the top shooters at the KSTG match that night.
    http://www.starbucks.com/store/10489/

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I normally visit Starbucks on Tuesday mornings....so I'm going to be there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I might find the closest one to the NRA Range and buy a few $10 gift cards then give one away to each of the top shooters at the KSTG match that night.
    Is that an official schedule announcement?
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Starbucks has been providing our dining hall with coffee for a couple months now. Not sure how exactly the payments work out, but we don't have to pay anything more than what we did before every day.

In any case, all 4400 of us appreciate "free" Starbucks coffee.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    I'm certainly glad Starbuck's hasn't jumped on the lib band wagon and banned firearms on their properties. However, their "policy" of deferring to local laws is as it should be everywhere .... at any store, restaurant, etc. It's not like they are going out of their way to embrace 2A rights. Again, that's not meaning to take away from them in any way. It's just a casual observation.
    Spot-on, and in fact this is the only intention of the "Buy at Starbuck's day" - don't try to make a big "statement" while in the store. They're not trying to cast Starbuck's as "Pro-gun", just respect them for respecting local laws. No more, no less. I do 't really drink coffee, but I'll buy a cup of Starbuck's on "the day."

Quote Originally Posted by derekb View Post
    Reading the quotes in that article, I'm completely baffled. Can anyone even attempt to explain this mindset:

I can at least understand people calling for governmental action on the issue of 'gun control' but when did people start calling out for a coffee house to regulate firearms?
    When they couldn't make headway through the legislative process, or through the bullshit lawsuits such as those pursued by the Clintons, etc.

I will go to the local Bucks no less than 3 times on men have to buy flowers and cards or live in the doghouse day. I will tell them why I am there.

Just wanted to give this a bump.
    "A good shooter with a weak body and weak mind will lose against one who has the physical ability to crush him, and the mental ability to do it repeatedly"
    -Kyle Defoor

Cool

I was at my local Starbucks today...

Ditto. I went this morning and will go again this afternoon.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Had my Trenta iced coffee with milk, no sugar this morning. Thanks to the flu I couldn't actually taste it. Took a crappy iphone pic I might throw up later.

On the plus side, I've figured out that the flu's ability to completely eliminate the sense of taste would be a marvelous boon to weight loss. When everything tastes like spackle you just lose all interest in eating beyond bare nutritional requirements.

User Tag List