Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: starbucks for me

starbucks for me

I don't go to starbucks often but this day I will,anyone planning on going?
    http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...ver-gun-policy

None local to me but if I am passing by one somewhere, I'll stop in.

I'll go twice.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Looks like I'm buying a couple gallons of Joe for the shop on a more frequent basis.

Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    AKA: SkyLine1

Gold card member since 2007

They're overpriced, but convenient, and I'm more than happy to support an establishment that recognizes and respects local laws.

I'm certainly glad Starbuck's hasn't jumped on the lib band wagon and banned firearms on their properties. However, their "policy" of deferring to local laws is as it should be everywhere .... at any store, restaurant, etc. It's not like they are going out of their way to embrace 2A rights. Again, that's not meaning to take away from them in any way. It's just a casual observation.

I agree with VolGrad. However, I'll probably wing in to grab a cup, tell them why I'm there and then carry on. It's one tiny pebble in a pond but my way of having a "counter protest". Honestly I like the coffee my wife makes a lot better.

Reading the quotes in that article, I'm completely baffled. Can anyone even attempt to explain this mindset:

"Starbucks steadfast support of the NRA's lethal pro-gun agenda damages its 'socially conscious company' brand," he said.
    I can at least understand people calling for governmental action on the issue of 'gun control' but when did people start calling out for a coffee house to regulate firearms?
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

I go to starbucks every day anyway, so I'll be there then. The funny thing is, the baristas all know me and what I do, and not a one of them seems to feel "endangered" by having me around.

I'll go twice that day

User Tag List